Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slowness / Lag

User Info Menu

Default Slowness / Lag

We realize that Drum Chat has been slow lately and are working to resolve the issue. Thank you for your patience.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Slowness / Lag

You should now see an improvement. There were heavy log files that had accumulated.

User Info Menu

Awesome! It was driving me nuts!

User Info Menu

Thanks bro, yeah I noticed that the site was going real slow, thanks a lot
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Awesome! It was driving me nuts!
    Me too! Seems to be working better now though.
    Matt

User Info Menu

i gotta say it never really bothered me- i just figured it was heavy business for drumbum, and for that i was happy indeed. gives you time to balance your checkbook yeah?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

It's still slow on my end and I have a 20 mbps connection. Just by a few seconds, but it's still lagging compared to all of the other sites I visit. No big deal though.
    DW Collector's Series ~ Zildjian cymbals

User Info Menu

I get bummed abt 9-10pm mst.... Its r e a l s l o w.......uuuuuugggggghhhhh!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

It's slowing down again. I have to refresh the page to see new shouts in the shoutbox.
    Matt

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    It's slowing down again. I have to refresh the page to see new shouts in the shoutbox.
    It only does that to the Tama guys lol

User Info Menu

Please be patient today as we are running several tests and checking several components of the board to try to improve the speed. There may be features that may be temporarily removed as we perform these tests such as the shout box.

Larrysperf Guest

Ok Thanks for letting us know . Drum Chat is the best

User Info Menu

Yeah, I try not be complain but even with a High Speed internet connection it still takes roughly half a minute or longer to load any page. Sometimes it just crashes with a Database error.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I've been told their working on it. Hopefully this will improve soon. Thanks for hanging in there guys.

User Info Menu

Well, I don't know if it's just me but again the site is down to a crawl. 30 + seconds to load a page and then that much more time to post anything.

Unusable...to me.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I have always noticed a lag on the web in general on the weekends, I was under the assumption it was all the users on the web. IMHO! F/T

User Info Menu

ive been away from the site for a few months, i dont remember it being this slow. still usable to me though, just giving my constructive feedback.

User Info Menu

It's started getting slow again for me.
    Matt

User Info Menu

I talked to them today. They know about it and are working on it. Sorry people, hang in there.

User Info Menu

What I'm finding is the first time hitting the site isn't bad.

It's after the first post or when starting to browse that it just bogs down and takes a long time to load a page.

My first time last night started with the Database error. I closed that browser window and then next one logged me in just fine. It's very sproratic in its actions.

I don't know if that'll help with the diagnostics or not. Just to be sure it's not my connection, I jump to a couple other forums and they run fast so I don't think it's me.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I'm passing along some information here: As well as addressing the root problem, DB is looking into moving the whole forum to another server. Hang in there. It looks like they're on it.

User Info Menu

I must say that the admins at drumchat are really on it! The threat of moving to another server can only make the existing server work that much harder to keep the business of the administration at drumchat. So the problem will be fixed either way.

I give big kudos to drumchat admin for adressing the problem before anyone else, makeing a thread about it, receiving constructive critisism from its own members, and then takeing action to make the site the best it can be. Me personally, I applaud the administration of Drumbum for takeing the appropriate actions to make this site one of the best on the 'net to date.

It just proved to me that drumchat admins do their best to take care of us. We should all respect that and be grateful to have such a safe, better place to share knowledge on the internet.

---DamageDrummer----

User Info Menu

Heheeheh, I'd better not say anything else. I got punished today. I timed my experience and this is the first post I came to. It took a matter of seconds to load the entire site including the shout box. I'm thinking WOW this is killer. Click onto this thread and that took over 40 seconds. Then clicked on First New Post and bam, brick wall. It took more than 60 seconds to get to this point.

I am so thankful for the positive responses from the techno guys. I'm hanging back waiting for good results that I know will come. Thanks, everyone.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

woohooo server overload.......... guess thats good and bad

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Quit belly aching and just do it...no other way.
    - RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Update: We are moving the forum to another server. During this process, there will be an effort to clean things up and fix any errors or misconfiguration. We might lose a couple of days worth of posts in the process. If there is something important that you don't want compromised, wait until after the migration to post it.

As always, we appreciate your patience and hope to have everything corrected soon.