Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wuhan China Thread

User Info Menu

Default Re: Offical Wuhan China Thread

I see what you're saying PB. I'm leaning towards the 18" myself, since the crash and the china are around the same price range. I'll have another $50 again soon anyway. Do the chinas break easily? I hit my cymbals pretty hard, but only when i'm not playing to music. Which is not often, but since you have the 18", how long have you had it?
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

jordison, they are pretty thin cymbals, so avoid hitting them on the edge, if you hit hard. The best way to do that is to mount them upside down, so the edge turns downward. I've had my 18" China for about 3 years now, and I have a 12" China that I have had for about 2 years. Granted, I don't play Metal music, so my Chinas are more for occasional accent, but if you think about your striking technique, these Chinas will hold up just fine.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hey PB i would have posted earlier, but i was on vacation for the last weekk and a half, so, i couldnt tell you that i got the last 18" Wuhan in stock at my sam ash! It's trashy, very very trashy. The edges are the only thin part on mine, and the rest of the cymbal is about medium/heavy, so it ended up more of a rock china because of the weight. Anyway thanks for your help man.

-jordison
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

i played a wuhan china the other day... sooooo trashy!!!! a little too trashy i think... but oh well.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

i just got a 18 inch wuhan china ,played it for the first time last night , i really liked it . its loud,trashy and suprisingly high pitched . very nice cymbal for the price.
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Welcome to the club atomcorr2! I like my 18" for it's gongy quality. Knowing that each cymbal can sound different, and we all chose one for the specific sound we like, I was wondering if you get the same gongy quality from yours.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

i play it upside down ,and if you hit it on the hump,it sounds real trashy,with a high pitch,and chokes very fast . not gongy at all .. i ordered it from ebay ,but i asked them if they would be so kind to send me the highest pitched one that they had .. they hooked me up , im very happy with it . in my 42 years of playing this is my first china. cant wait to use it on a gig...
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

I'm picking up this Wuhan 18" china today after work at my local GC for $35.00 USD.

I couldn't pass up this deal!

User Info Menu

Very cool late8, and what a great price!

User Info Menu

nice ,late ,, i really like mine . thats 20 dollars less than i paid for mine. great deal.
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

I have a 16" Wuhan china and two Wuhan splashes, 10" and 8". The splash cymbals sound good too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk11 View Post
    I have a 16" Wuhan china and two Wuhan splashes, 10" and 8". The splash cymbals sound good too.
    what are those splashes like?
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by almostmatt1 View Post
    what are those splashes like?
    Seconded, i'd want a few splash cymbals that are cheaply priced.. I think Wuhan might be good for that.

Although every cymbal sounds different, it would be interesting to know what they sound like (yours)

User Info Menu

I really like (don't quite "love") my 18" Wuhan china. It's trashy if I really hit it hard. If I don't, it's definitely gongy. I like it though, I plan on buying another 12" and 14" for accents and maybe an 18" to replace this one if I find a trashier one.
    Tama Starclassic Birch in Emerald Sea Fade 24x18, 13x10, 18x16
    Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x14
    Remo Coated Emperors (or Evans Clear EC2s) over Remo Coated Ambassadors
    Remo Coated Ambassador Over Hazy Diplomat Snare Side
    Dream Contact 14" Hi-Hats, Zildjian Avedis 21" Sweet Ride, Zildjian A Custom 18" Projection Crash, Wuhan 18" China
    Vic Firth 5As and 5Bs/Sound Percussion 5Bs and 2Bs

"Da head of the drum doesn't matter, it's da head of da drummer that matters most..." -Phrogge

User Info Menu

I own full sets of both Wuhan and Zildjian. I use the Wuhan’s with my show kit and my “A”s with my practice kit. I have as follows
    Wuhan “S” Series
    14 hats
    16 crash
    17 crash
    18 crash/ride
    18 china
    20 ride
    The 16 Wuhan crash is the best crash I’ve played. The Wuhan’s in general are bright and very defined in their sound. They are also much louder than my Zildjian “A”s. They would not work well for light jazz or small acoustic venues do to the tone and volume they have. For that my Zildjians would be my cymbal of choice.
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

I have an 8" splash from Wuhan that was around $25 from Guitar Center (branded as Agazarian). It is an awesome cymbal and it is VERY bright and cutting. It has a high pitched ring after hit depending on how it is mounted. Personally, I don't see why one would pay so much for a splash when they make these.

User Info Menu

I've three 8" Wuhan Splashes in my collection of mostly Paistes, and each sounds completely different, that's what I love about them, the randomness. Perfect for drumkit or percussion set-ups...and as cheap as chips too. Just don't bash into them, and they'll do fine. I'm looking to add one 12" and one 14" Wuhan Chinas to add to extended boom stands over my set.....I just like small, fast and trashy sounds when it comes to effects. Paiste give the broad range of effects sound that I like, but sometimes I like to "dirty up" that clean Swiss/German precise sound with some Zildjians, UFIPS, Wuhans, whatever.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christiandrummer777 View Post
    alright so ive seen alot of wuhan china posts in these forums, so i just thought we should have an offical one. Drummer will you please sticky this? alright so guys, post and questions/comments/pro-con lists/ below.
    Hey Folks,

I just received a Wuhan 20" China w/ rivets! Got it via Guitar Center, too. I had my fingers crossed that it wouldn't be a dud or reject. Guess I got lucky. I highly recommend this kind of cymbal to anyone. It rocks!
    (1) Pearl SSC Session Classic Birch 10-12-14-16-22
    Piano Black
    (2) Gretsch Cat. Cl. Jazz Mahogany-10-12-14-18-5
    Walnut Glaze
    (3) Sonor Select Force Maple-10-12-14-20-5.5
    Piano Black
    "Let's Hit It!"-Jeff Porcaro

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new cymbal GD!

User Info Menu

Hey guys-
    I've finally overcome my cymbals-not-matching OCD and am looking to get a Wuhan china. I am undecided whether or not to get a 16" or an 18". I know they all sound different and im gonna get lotsa "try before buy" posts, but generally speaking, would a 16 or 18 suit me best? Btw i'd be using the china in blink-182 and My Chemical Romance-style settings.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

I'm hanging to get a Wuhan gong for my percussion set-up if I don't find anything worthwhile from Paiste, I need something like 20", 22" so it can fit in a spare cymbal bag. Maybe two.....a 22" and a 14-16" wind gong. Not that I'd take them to all gigs, but if I can get away with it I'd most certainly would! One of my percussionist mates, Simon, has a nice little Wuhan gong that he'd pull out from time to time.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    if I don't find anything worthwhile from Paiste

You might need like an 80" cymbal case or something...
    Last edited by xweasel; 01-28-2011 at 12:25 PM.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau View Post
    I have an 8" splash from Wuhan that was around $25 from Guitar Center (branded as Agazarian). It is an awesome cymbal and it is VERY bright and cutting. It has a high pitched ring after hit depending on how it is mounted. Personally, I don't see why one would pay so much for a splash when they make these.
    FYI - The Agazarian stuff they sell at Guitar Center are not actually Wuhans as they mis-lead people to believe. The Agazarian stuff is made in a factory that used to belong to Wuhan before they consolidated their operations. That being said, I'm sure they are very well made, as all the new hand-hammered Chinese stuff seems to be. (Wuhan & Silken)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    I'm hanging to get a Wuhan gong for my percussion set-up if I don't find anything worthwhile from Paiste, I need something like 20", 22" so it can fit in a spare cymbal bag. Maybe two.....a 22" and a 14-16" wind gong. Not that I'd take them to all gigs, but if I can get away with it I'd most certainly would! One of my percussionist mates, Simon, has a nice little Wuhan gong that he'd pull out from time to time.
    My school have 18" and 15" Wuhan gongs i believe, and they sound pretty sweet. You wont be disappointed with those purchases.
    Last edited by tah821; 01-28-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    FYI - The Agazarian stuff they sell at Guitar Center are not actually Wuhans as they mis-lead people to believe. The Agazarian stuff is made in a factory that used to belong to Wuhan before they consolidated their operations. That being said, I'm sure they are very well made, as all the new hand-hammered Chinese stuff seems to be. (Wuhan & Silken)
    Interesting Shane. I had bought the "made by same folks as Wuhan" line. Thanks for the clarification Shane.