Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wuhan China Thread

User Info Menu

Default Re: Offical Wuhan China Thread

I have a 8,14,16,18, and 18" china with rivits. Love them all. These are the "new" Traditional line out there. B20 cast cymbals. They change there color of sound over a couple months. Go from the gongy sound to more of the crash sound we hear in the states are used to. I love them to death. I have a awesome sounding crash set up, but yet different from the norm. All my wuhans are of the "thin" variety.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I have a 8,14,16,18, and 18" china with rivits. Love them all. These are the "new" Traditional line out there. B20 cast cymbals. They change there color of sound over a couple months. Go from the gongy sound to more of the crash sound we hear in the states are used to. I love them to death. I have a awesome sounding crash set up, but yet different from the norm. All my wuhans are of the "thin" variety.
    Very nice. I am in the process of getting a hold of a set of New Traditionals myself. 14 hats, 20 ride, 16 and 17 crashes.

User Info Menu

I have heard that the hats are awesome too. I just about ordered some, but i cant complain about my new beats. let us know how they sound if you get them.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

I just got an 18" Wuhan china the other day, I'm using it in a stack with a 10" PST3 splash. It sounds insane! Its my favorite stack ever, I'll have to get a video of it up over here so you can check it out, haha. I'm pretty excited about it.

User Info Menu

Cool Luke. Tell me what stacking cymbals does. I know about it, but don't know what people are getting out of doing it.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Cool Luke. Tell me what stacking cymbals does. I know about it, but don't know what people are getting out of doing it.
    It changes the sound, makes it a lot trashier! Depending on the combination, you can get sounds that are so complex that it sounds like white noise. Think about hi-hats, if you play them separately, they sound nothing like they do together. Generally, they sound something like a heavy crash. Thicker hats may sound more like a bell or a ride. But when they're placed together they produce the much more complex sounds we associate with the hats. You can do the same thing with other cymbals! Its fun to experiment and see what sounds you can create!

User Info Menu

Talking Re: Offical Wuhan China Thread

i have a Wuhan 18 china that sounds so great with the music i play i would definitely recommend it anyone playing like avenged sevenfold and a few other metal types

User Info Menu

Clark, I've got the same china cymbal. Of course, being a Wuhan they probably don't sound the same, but I think the 18" is a great china.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

I seem to be having problems getting genuine Wuhan chinas in the UK from a domestic seller. Are the Stagg Lion Chinas the same as the Wuhans, and are Dream the same? Lots of rebranding or me not looking properly? Thanks.

User Info Menu

Here are some Wuhan gongs, awesome.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JodNStG1HtI"]YouTube - Wuhan 22" Wind Gong[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM6a3u9q78E"]YouTube - Wuhan Gigantic 34" gong Franklin Mott drums[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaJsI-7buJE"]YouTube - Seth Davis bangs the 60" Dream Chau Gong[/ame]
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ProjeKtWEREWOLF View Post
    I seem to be having problems getting genuine Wuhan chinas in the UK from a domestic seller. Are the Stagg Lion Chinas the same as the Wuhans, and are Dream the same? Lots of rebranding or me not looking properly? Thanks.
    It has been suggested that they are all coming out of the same factory, but it is difficult to confirm.

User Info Menu

Drumbledore, although I like the Wind Gong and the Chau Gong, I could die happy hearing that 34" Chau Gong on a semi-regular basis.

User Info Menu

We have one of those 34 inchers at band. That thing is LOUD
    Sabian Squad (Albeit Ironically )

Check out my Youtube Channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/AustVaiv?feature=mhee

User Info Menu

Anyone else have issues with how to mount these cymbals without the wing nut/felt choking them off when you crash? I have a 14" mounted upside down (tilted a bit below horizontal). It just seems that because of the manner in which the top felt ring and wing nut sit in the bell, they do not allow much movement of the cymbal. Would a cymbal spring solve this?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by highway jones View Post
    Anyone else have issues with how to mount these cymbals without the wing nut/felt choking them off when you crash? I have a 14" mounted upside down (tilted a bit below horizontal). It just seems that because of the manner in which the top felt ring and wing nut sit in the bell, they do not allow much movement of the cymbal. Would a cymbal spring solve this?
    Same here. But I have mine angled down more. It helped a little to do that.

User Info Menu

Well, I got my 14" china in the mail yesterday from franklin mott drums (They even taped a mint to my order sheet. How nice ), and i love it. The decay is just perfect. Ive currently swapped out my 18"crash for this baby, and im actually liking it better once i get another stand or a stacker, il be pretty happy. I am noticing that these are fragile though. very thin cymbal.

ZK

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZildjianKid234 View Post
    Well, I got my 14" china in the mail yesterday from franklin mott drums (They even taped a mint to my order sheet. How nice ), and i love it. The decay is just perfect. Ive currently swapped out my 18"crash for this baby, and im actually liking it better once i get another stand or a stacker, il be pretty happy. I am noticing that these are fragile though. very thin cymbal.

ZK
    Pics!
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Here they are!

Very cool cymbal. ive actually got it stacked upside down on top of my 18" crash right now, so i can have both on one stand. Pretty genius if ya ask me. Il upload a pic of that soon.

(Btw, franklin mott. Very good company. Highly recommend buying from them)

User Info Menu

I have a couple of 14" wuhans, I like them alot, mainly because they are all attack and about the shortest decay possible. I don't have them setup with the kit now because I got the K Custom Hybrid 19". It has a longer decay and more volume than the wuhans, but it's a different sound for sure. For the price, you CANT beat Wuhan chinas. Great cymbals.
    Cut it large and kick it into place!

User Info Menu

Just picked up a 16" Wuhan china today!! I love it! I got to pick from one 18" and 2 16" chinas and have to say I wasn't really impressed by the 18", a little too gongy for me, not enough trash. Out of the 2 16" chinas, they were very similar. I ended up picking mine because it had very slightly more trash. When I play it, it reminds me of Matt Greiner's china from August Burns Red, which is exactly what I was looking for. I also tried a 14" HHX and I feel like the 14" Wuhan would sound just like it, because mine's pretty close. The only difference being I paid $70 and the HHX was $175. Anyway, onto the pics!

User Info Menu

I bought a nice little 12" wohan when i got my (terrible) B8 Sabian set. And i have to say, if you don't have a china, it sounds beautiful. Then i bought an 18" Zildjian china and i started to leave the little wohan alone.

However, if you take it, and a 14 or 16 inch crash, and put the china on it and tighten it a little, it creates a really cool sound. Overall for the price they are a steal, but i would still prefer my Zildjian. (then again i've never seen a wohan bigger than 14")

User Info Menu

when i got my first kit it came with ZBTs and a 10" wuhan china. i hit it once and almost threw up. i tried to give it away and got no takers. they are not for everyone. it just sits in the corner collecting dust. i dont think its worth trading in so im gonna make a clock out of it.

User Info Menu

I have been searching for a china for awhile,I finally broke down and bought a 18 wuhan china.I compared a bunch of china's and settled on the 18 from Wuhan.This thing is great,sounds awsome as a ride and even better crashed.I'm shocked at all the different sounds you get depending where you hit it and how hard you hit it.I'm thinking about getting the 16 aswell.I have a 12 wuhan aswell but it's the worst sounding thing Iv'e ever heard.I think I will do what Kyle said and make a clock out of it.Here are some pic's

Proudly playing
    TAMA Superstar Accel-Driver 5 piece
    Ddrum Dominion Maple 13x7 snare
    Remo Roto Tom's 6,8,10

Paiste 3000 14 Rude hat's
    Paiste 2000 sound reflections medium 13 hat's
    Paiste 2000 sound reflections 14 thin crash
    Paiste Alpha 16 medium crash
    Paiste Alpha 18 Medium crash
    Paiste Alpha 20 power ride
    Wuhan 12/18 china's

User Info Menu

Love the look of that bad boy. I might snag a 16" wuhan.

User Info Menu

Nice cymbal, love the ripples on wuhan chinas. What are those small blackish spots on the top left and bottom right? Just lighting effects and reflections of the camera?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments