Thread: Hi-Hat Help?

TheKidd Guest

Default Hi-Hat Help?

my hihat is on an angle. Like, at one part of the hihat the 2 cymbals meet closer than on the opposite side. How can I fix this? It sounds dumb but I have no idea how to fix it lol.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hi-Hat Help?

TK, there is a little screw under the bottom hi-hat cymbal that is a tilter. The reason that it is there is so that the hi-hat cymbals don't sit absolutely flat. When cymbals are absolutely flat, air can get trapped inside when they open and close causing a lag. The tilter allows for the air to escape. If the tilter screw is tightened too much, you can back it off a little and it should help with your problem.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

TheKidd Guest

Hm, so thats what it does? Thanks man!

User Info Menu

Just adding to what PB said, it's also for better hearing, so it sounds JUST right. But make sure that it's perfect to YOUR ears. Remember. The audience is stupid. They don't know exactly what your drums are supposed to sound like except for "boom" "bang" "chick" and other such noises.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Very true CB. As long as it goes "boom chicka boom," the audience will think you're a genius. Everything else is for you - well, that and for the other drummers in the audience, in which case you might want to throw in a "boom chica chicka boom boom" just to show off!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

TheKidd Guest

LOL. Thanks for the advice guys. I'll work on my "Boom Chicka Boom Boom"