Thread: Sabian 21" AA rock ride review

User Info Menu

Default Sabian 21" AA rock ride review

so heres the review of the sabian AA rock ride (21 inch)

stick defintion: 9.8

greatt defintion, the only ride ive hearrd with better was the K custom high definttion ride

wash:8.5

as its a rock ride, you dont expect alot of wash, yet this actually ahs a very jazzy wash. whats starnge (and awesome!) is that althpugh the ride is bright it has a dark wash.

ping:9.9

imho perfect pimng. its broght enough to cut, yet the tiny bit of wash helps it blend.

bell: 9.3

very nice bell, could cut a little more, but it cuts pretty well. great for rock and latin

crashability: 8.3

very long sustain, not a great ride for crashing, but you can crash it. you get a huge booming sound so if you play metal this may be good for yyou.

verstilty: 10.

i dont see a genre you couldnt play with theis ride. great ping,good wash, decent crashability, and pretty good bell. great all around ride

overall: 9.89

in my mind this is one of the great rides. its up there with the kls and HH-HHX's i love the size of 21 inchs because you get the tightness of a 20 witht he wash of a 22. overally this is a great ride for jazz rock latin etc... and for me its the perfect ride. i play rock and jazz wittha little bit of country and latin and i can use it for any style well. defintly should at least try it out in a store if not buy one, guys. its a great cymbal.
    Last edited by Christiandrummer777; 12-28-2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason: i re evaluated the cymbal
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash
    Agrazian 10 inch Splash

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian 21" AA rock ride

Great review CD! I have the exact same ride, same size, and I absolutely love it. You're right, it does have a darker wash than I was expecting when I bought it.

However I think it's not good for crashing at all, and I don't think it would make a very good jazz ride.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian 21" AA rock ride

yohin i agree with you. it's not "good" for crashing but if you just want bland white noise it works. however it makes a good jazz ride, as i use it for jazz and everyone is surpised that its a rock ride i use, because it fits well.
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash