Thread: Wobbly pedals wtf

User Info Menu

Angry Wobbly pedals wtf

I just purchased a PDP 404 double bass pedal and everytime I try and use the kick one of two things will happen:
    1. The right mallet sticks to the bass until I whack it with a stick
    2. If I use the left pedal without holding down the right one, the whole contraption falls over.
    I know that Pacific is kind of a cheap brand of hardware to purchase, but I was short on cash and bent on expanding my set. I use double bass at my lessons and my instructors pedal stays firmly to the ground without any issues. Is this a case of new instrument blues? If not, I've done all I can to try and fix it with no good outcome. Help me PLEASE
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

The only time I've seen a beater stick to the drum is when I tried putting duct tape across the impact area once. When it wears through the duct tape, it becomes extremely tacky.

I think it would be hard to determine the problem without seeing it. I would take it to your instructor and see if he can help you with it. If that doesn't work, return it.

User Info Menu

Actually, i have a Pacific double bass pedal myself, very cheap one i bought, because,... well, im a very cheap person. it was 100 bucks. well, ive had it for a couple months now, and it still works fine. so... i hope that doesnt happen to me, but, all i can say is. i hope everythin works out. and you should probably bring tht like Guitar Center or something and let them take a look. they usually got something up there sleeve. and if theres a waranty, then hell, get yourself a complimentary new one.

Gottah love economy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviett
    Actually, i have a Pacific double bass pedal myself, very cheap one i bought, because,... well, im a very cheap person. it was 100 bucks. well, ive had it for a couple months now, and it still works fine. so... i hope that doesnt happen to me, but, all i can say is. i hope everythin works out. and you should probably bring tht like Guitar Center or something and let them take a look. they usually got something up there sleeve. and if theres a waranty, then hell, get yourself a complimentary new one.

Gottah love economy.
    Which model do you have, mine's the first double that PDP made.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

MMk i got the pdp 402 also, and im assuming you still have the stock beaters on it

There hard rubber, your gonna need a patch (remo makes them called falam slams) to put where the beaters strike, that takes care of one problem

Next problem, your gonna need something to put under the left pedal, if you look under the left pedal, it has velcro, once it sticks down to carpet, or a huge rug, youll be money, its a really good pedal if its in the right place