Thread: My new Fat Congas Cajon

User Info Menu

Default My new Fat Congas Cajon

Check it out .. quick and dirty video, but gives you an idea of the sound.. I did a few mods, though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0yUyDL090o"]YouTube- Cajon - My New Fat Congas Cajon[/ame]

User Info Menu

Default Re: My new Fat Congas Cajon

very nice sound, so what did you costimize, the back shot looks different, put up some photos, good job

User Info Menu

jdl, that was a good video. I enjoyed that! It looked to me that your new cajon is an acoustic/electric version. Is that true?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks, Guys. Well since I use it live at church.. usually Wednesday evenings with a guitar player, I set it up for that. I taped a mic (SM 57), inside, I bought a snare (for a snare drum) and put it behind the cajon wires near the top for better snare sound, and put (velcroed)that mixer on the side for better control. Also, put a lot of pillow batting inside to get rid of the empty echo sound cajons usually have. I was tring to acheive a nice soft bass (without the rattle sound) and a crisp "slap"/snare sound. In the video I had it hooked up to a big kbd amp.. the room is sort of echoie though. When done, I just shove the mic wires and A/C cord back in the hole.. and good to go!

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by jdl1881; 01-01-2010 at 09:55 AM.