Thread: I've jut got a DTXtreme III

User Info Menu

Default I've jut got a DTXtreme III

Hi guys/gals,

Just before Christmas, I got my hands on a Yamaha DTXtreme III Standard. I wanted to live with it for a short while before I posted my thoughts on it, but so far it's absolutely the best electronic kit I've ever played. I prefer the feel of the soft rubber pads to mesh heads and the sounds on the module are fantastic.

I've had to finance it over 3 years in order to afford it, but after playing one in a shop I decided to make the investment. It should be better for teaching on, although I bought it mainly for myself to improve my own skills.

Having just been superseded, this kit can be had for a lot less than when they were first introduced (I got mine for £1700, more than £600 less than the previous price, and it's dropped to £1600 from the same shop now), and thus far I don't regret the purchase.

The standard kit has a smaller (why I went for the standard), yet very sturdy rack, and I bought an extra cymbal pad and used a tom clamp to secure a Mapex boom arm onto the rack (I only use two toms). The cymbal pads are amazing, and swell better than you'd imagine, and I've already been able to create some awesome-sounding user kits tweaking the on-board sampled sounds.

I wanted to post some sound clips but, to my horror, my microphone input socket on my laptop has broken, so here are some pictures for now. In the not too distant future, I will post a full review in the relevant forum.

:D.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Default Re: I've jut got a DTXtreme III

Very nice! Ima new owner of a DTXpress II kit (all 65 series pads), but I upgraded to a DTXtreme II brain. I like the folding rack from the Xpress II! I am upgrading pads as I find deals. Tp120SD and PCY150S are arriving today!!!

These things have tons of power and for noobs like me, a lot more tools for the beginning drummer than the Roland equipment.

Ps- to readers of the thread, Pm me if interested in a DTXpress II or III brain.
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Very Cool kit..Metallicpearl!...I've got a DTXtreme RHP kit, but with the new III module, cymbals, hihat and hex rack.......the III module is definitely a great piece of gear!

User Info Menu

Here is a short video of me (sloppily) messing around on this kit with a user kit I created, to one of the many backing tracks:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiHO6pr1umk"]YouTube- Movie.mpg_0001.wmv[/ame]

User Info Menu

man I want one so bad, and Nice playing too! That was fun to watch.

I tried a Roland TD 9 out at guitar center and no kidding it felt like a piece of junk!! They wanted 2600 for the td-9 which I thought was garbage.

These Yamahas are awesome in my opinion.

User Info Menu

Nice kit and great little video too.

User Info Menu

thats quite nice! and nice playing too. i want one so i can play at night when i wasnt to and not disturb anyone.
    Zildjian-Gretsch-Remo
    "drumming is about time and I'm still having a good time!"