Thread: Help!

User Info Menu

Default Help!

hey im patrick exiting about chatting with you guys, but I seriously need help! i have a new electric set and I can't play fast double bass on it but I can at my friends all the time, so I know that set up is the right one for me, his pedals have high resistance but neither of us know how to adjust the resistance on mine (PDP pedal no number or anything so just the most basic kind i guess), Help! very frustrated here, thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help!

Hmmm.... tightening the spring could help. Could just be your pedal though.
    Mapex Meridian Maple Standard.
    Aquarian.
    Vater.

Larrysperf Guest

Try adjusting your spring tention should help

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat patrick!

Is there any way that you could post a picture of your pedal? It might help if we could see it.

Here is link in case you need some help in how to post pictures here: http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ully-8939.html

Again, welcome!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

yea get a picture up
    www.youtube.com/dannyatcranny

PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

Alright thanks guys here's a picture

haha didn't notice that beater was crooked xD
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Yeah, you defintely want to straighten up the crooked beater, and then the guys were right about adjusting the spring tension. You'll be working with the nuts at the bottom of the springs, so make sure you keep the tension even, or you'll have problems with even strokes.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Yea, it looks like your springs are loosened all the way. Tighten them up, and it should help.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

alright so what do I need to do?

User Info Menu

Patrick, what you have to do is tighten the nut at the bottom of the spring. That will add tension to the spring and give you that "resistance" that you mentioned in your 1st post. You'll have to work with it a little bit to get it just the way you want it, and to make sure both pedals are even, but with a little fiddling, you'll get it right.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    hey im patrick exiting about chatting with you guys, but I seriously need help! i have a new electric set and I can't play fast double bass on it but I can at my friends all the time, so I know that set up is the right one for me, his pedals have high resistance but neither of us know how to adjust the resistance on mine (PDP pedal no number or anything so just the most basic kind i guess), Help! very frustrated here, thanks
    ok ya know some has to ask. You say that you cant play fast double bass with your kit, how long have you been playing? because it doesnt really matter how much adjusting you do if your muscle memory isnt used to playing double bass.

otherwise, from what I've read (my doubles are slow but I'm working on them little by little) most people who play really fast doubles have the spring tension just tight enough to pull the pedal back off of the head after the stroke and thats it. The rest is all in the ankles and many, many, many hours of practice starting at a very slow tempo

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Quit belly aching and just do it...no other way.
    - RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Ive only had my own set for a couple months but I practice 2+ hours a day and I truly can play quite fast on other sets just not on my own, Ive been told what you are saying but I do find it odd that my own set is the only one ive had trouble on my friends and the one at my school I have always been able to do it better and faster...but you could be right

at pastor bob, Ok thanks for the help