Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drum Risers

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Risers

I use a plywood riser with some glass wool under it,because of a few vibration issues with the folks below

User Info Menu

Geat drum riser shooter ,mine is not as fancy, but somewhat portable I will try to get a few pics of it. It has a construction based on a waterbed frame,some of you will be too young to know what this is. But its basiclly four notched x's at the base and one 4x8 sheet of plywood with a piano hinge on top. The 4 sides that are the base, have hinges as well, built into the corners pins come out of the hinges and it all folds up.My band hates to move this but in bars or outdoor shows i feel it is a must as far as lights we put two police beacons and a couple strobe lights on top!

User Info Menu

Got a question.What the plugs are the front? I do not understand very well not much is obvious in the picture.thanks

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Daniel!

I assumed that they were just additional electrical plugs. I could be wrong though.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I had a riser with a band I was in before. The guitar player was a welder. He made it from steel, square tube. He made 2 equal rectangles, hinged so it could fold. He welded in threaded sleeves so the legs could be removed as well. I was relatively light, very strong, and setup was quick. Unfold it, screw in the legs, and pull a fitted skirt over it. Done. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

User Info Menu

I am almost positive he has it set up to accommodate four other players if they want to hook up right there.I did this in my band room,but I don`t have a riser,so I placed them strategically around the room.They are always handy to have and since he put in lights,why not have plenty of outlets too?An E-kit needs power,which is why I have an outlet directly behind my kit.I need a riser with adjustable legs for uneven ground on the road.The last gig I played was outdoors and tedious with everything shimmed up.(I built on top of the ground with fill brought in around the cellar and I have drains.If I ever get water in my basement,everyone else will be getting water on the first floor.)

I used an old broken,pole type,reading lamp and took off the base.I clamped it to a 2x6,then screwed that to the floor joist above me so that the swivels would work good and with different brightness bulbs in the three lights,I can have subtle,bright or a color for over my kit or a combination of colors.I need a riser with adjustable legs for uneven ground.

Last edited by LudwigLifer; 01-31-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

good evening.longer valid forum
    shooter217?I asked a question on forum

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shooter217 View Post
    With the lights off and spotlights on.
    Wow, that is incredible. I'm totally inspired...my wife, however, may not be!

User Info Menu

I do not answer anyone and me?

User Info Menu

Daniel, shooter has not posted in quite a while. People sometimes come and go without posting for a while. I'm afraid that only he can answer your question, so until he comes back, you are stuck without an answer.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

nobody knows you are black? that plugs ...
    help me please reply.thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Sorescu View Post
    nobody knows you are black? that plugs ...
    help me please reply.thanks
    My friend, I think we are losing your point in translation...

User Info Menu

in front are two outlets? it says.
    .outlet is a picture in detail? do not see what outlet is...black...

User Info Menu

Ok, I understand. I can't tell you exactly how they are installed but if you are asking what it is, I think he means this...

Sorry if I missed the point of your question.

User Info Menu

Daniel, click on this link. The 2nd and 3rd pictures show the two outlets in the front.

User Info Menu

I understand.where to buy these plugs?I have not seen this market...
    pictures are seen in some black rectangles.I know the pictures, thanks.I want to do and a drum riser.Why did shooter is wonderful.many building that drum riser.but I like this model...

User Info Menu

hy itchie ! I read your message...do you want to drum riser as shooter?I still try to find out what plugs to use shooter.not see clear pictures. I have not seen this market

User Info Menu

oh well; more ideas to spend money on! i live in a bungalow but the lights look cool.
    If you are going through hell...keep going!

User Info Menu

Shooter, love that riser! very professional..and hopefully easy tear down and set up! I love risers for drummers when possible, it gets that BD thumping right at the crowds bellies...very cool
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Welcome to Drum Chat Daniel!

I assumed that they were just additional electrical plugs. I could be wrong though.
    You understand that size is drum riser?write 3x4...meters? too high...I do not think size is that

User Info Menu

Sorry Daniel. I don't post in here that often, but let me know what I can help you with.

User Info Menu

Got a question.What the plugs are the front? I do not understand very well not much is obvious in the picture.thanks
    I hope I am understanding this correctly. The plugs in the front of the riser are electical outlets. Each one is set up on a 20 amp separate circuit so that they won't get over powered. They are placed there so that guys can just plug their amps in and play.

They are standard rectangle 20 amp circuit outlets that you can pick up from the hardware store. All of the wiring for the outlets runs underneath the riser.

Hope this answers your question.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shooter217 View Post
    With the lights off and spotlights on.
    That looks awesome

User Info Menu

That is very nice! Well done

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the kind words guys.