Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worst performance ever

User Info Menu

Default worst performance ever

whats your worst performance ever
    luckily mine was only in front of 500 some a** MUSIC TEACHER WAS SCREWING AROND WITH AN AMP AND IT SOUNDED LIKE CRAP but that was 4 years ago now
    Last edited by fatty3392; 05-28-2006 at 07:58 AM.

User Info Menu

I'd have to say my wedding night...but's a whole nother story.
    Last edited by Boo; 05-28-2006 at 09:05 AM.
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

LOL LOL

User Info Menu

My band did a gig at my works christmas party. Our lead guitarists amp blew in the middle of a song and he got pissed off and kicked it. It fell over, stand and all, into my drum rack causing it to tip over onto me which proceded to knock me off my stool. Very bad domino effect! Needless to say, he is no longer with my band and it cost him about $1500 in damage to my drum kit. We did'nt get invited back to play again. hmmmmm????

User Info Menu

....opps...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    I'd have to say my wedding night...but's a whole nother story.

Interesting...LOL!!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

Unhappy My Worst Performance

Quote Originally Posted by fatty3392
    whats your worst performance ever
    luckily mine was only in front of 500 some a** MUSIC TEACHER WAS SCREWING AROND WITH AN AMP AND IT SOUNDED LIKE CRAP but that was 4 years ago now
    I was Playing with A Piano Player in A concert for his evaluation for his bachelour degree. I felt he was runnining the rhythms in the tunes and I felt I went with the bass player too. I didn't liked that at all.

User Info Menu

This happened just a few weeks back, but I was chatting with the lead guitarist before service and we were going over some old classic rock tunes, and the last thing we were jammin away at was some Hendrix, well, this did not help me at all because here I am at church, getting ready to play church songs, and all I had in my head was CLASSIC ROCK tunes.....

Needless to say, my time was sped up quite a bit for the first song, because I was in tune with some rock tunes rather than what I was there to play, OOOPS!!!!

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

well....it's a good thing jesus rocks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    well....it's a good thing jesus rocks

Amen to that!! LOL!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    My band did a gig at my works christmas party. Our lead guitarists amp blew in the middle of a song and he got pissed off and kicked it. It fell over, stand and all, into my drum rack causing it to tip over onto me which proceded to knock me off my stool. Very bad domino effect! Needless to say, he is no longer with my band and it cost him about $1500 in damage to my drum kit. We did'nt get invited back to play again. hmmmmm????
    that sounds familiar
    havent u posted that b4

User Info Menu

Yeah, it's under most embarrasing moments.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

A couple of years ago, I sat in on congas and bongos with a band that played country-rock music at a church festival; the guitarist/lead vocalist and the set drummer were buddies, but aren't any more for reasons I'm about to explain.

We were scheduled to play outside on a Friday night, but the skies opened up and poured, so we ended up playing indoors in a cafeteria with horrible acoustics. Everyone else was being jerky about their misfortune, but I tightened the skins and played a darn good set or two with them.

They were to play again the following Sunday, so I asked them if I could sit in with them again that day. The guitar man hemmed and hawed around all day that Saturday and finally said, "No, not on Sunday--we're gonna be playing a whole new list of music."

Turned out when I heard them the next day, it was a virtual rerun of what we had played that Friday night.

I lost a lot of respect for that guy because he hemmed and hawed. If he didn't want me to play, why didn't he just say so up-front and be done with it? It was the worst screw-around performance I had ever seen!

User Info Menu

Yea, some people play a lot of head games. They don't know how to be honest and straight-forward.

User Info Menu

and they don't know wut is most important in life and how to just chill and have a good time

User Info Menu

I don't understand why people do that. Maybe they are just afraid of confrontation.

OR, maybe he was jealous of your ability!
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

who knows...one time i asked a few old rockers if i could jam with them and they didn't want me to because i was young but once they heard me play they wanted me to stay and play all night long...sometimes ppl do things for other reasons that we don't expect

User Info Menu

Yea same kinda thing happened to me. This traditional scottish band were playing at a small centre with no rhythm section and i asked if i could play along with my djembe but they said no. Later when i saw them i was playing with my friend in his dad's pub, they quickly swiped out their fiddle and acoustic and we played till closing hours.

User Info Menu

nice...where are u from?

User Info Menu

Default Gigs from Hell I never forget.

In Alaska they joke about the state bird. Nope not the bald eagle but the Mosquito. They get pretty mean up there. Some are as big as Hi-Hat cymbal. They swarm in packs. While I'm playing at this concert you can see them coming closer and closer as the swarm approaches. They like the heat from the stage equipment or musicians. They just take over. They get up your nose, in your mouth, in your eyes up your shorts. All you can think about is can we please pick-up the beat. I'm never been big on doing a drum solo but for that few minutes I just wanted to pull a Mike Shreives solo. I just wanted to hit something and keep moving. I know what you mean by feeling itchy. Needed a blood transfusion after the gig. Not. Really hard to concentrate on your playing. When your getting eaten alive. Your all sweaty and can't run away. What a nightmare.
    I also remember doing a gig at another outdoor festival in Alaska when this hugh bald eagle swooped down over the stage and grabbed this little lap dog. I think it was a ****zu with it's claws and took the dog that was 4 ft.from this lady walking it. The lady screamed so loud it scared eveyone in the area to death. We heard her over the music. Huge Eagle had to have over a 6" wing span. The lady fainted and the ambulance came on to the field to revive her. She didn't have to go to the hospital. Ironiclly we were playing ( Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf). That incident really screwed up our set list. The crowd became very somber. We couldn't decide on what to play after we stopped. I missed a few beats. Our adrenaline was so pumped up. I was shaking. We were looking at each other with the expression of did that really happen? Did you see that? It happen so fast. I still remember the scream. Horror movie scream. All you could do was watch the eagle and that small dog fade into the sunset. It funny now but at the time it was tragic. We had to stop playing for a few minutes. The place was so quite. I believe we played Willy Nelsons on the road again next. We saw her husband later about an hour or so after we were finished playing drinking in the beer tent. Told him how bad we felt for the loss of his dog and he said under his breath "I never liked that little sh-- of a dog anyway." Unbelievable what a ***. I felt for his wife. She was an emotional reck.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Timer; 08-02-2006 at 03:21 PM.

User Info Menu

mine was for this stupid school band concert and my stick went straight through the snare. My friend megan had to throw me one of her sticks, and i had to find where the band was and catch up. luckily i dont think anyone noticed, but some people acctually told me recently they thought it was a show cuz the drumstick megan threw at me flew in the air, and they thought we did that on purpose lol
    lucky i didnt have to pay 4 a new snare
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    nice...where are u from?
    Argyll in Scotland you've probly never heard of it. U?

User Info Menu

Hey, Markis441--

I bet the djembe fit right in--I would think that, under the right conditions, it would sound just like a frame drum or bodhran...in fact, I have played bongos, congas and djembe with a guitar-violin folk duo and it fit right in! Truth is, there's an underlying hand-drum feel in most European music, so if you have a hand drum, you can play almost anything anywhere.

One thing to keep in mind, too: If this band was hired by the pub, the management hired only the number of guys in the band...and it could mess up their accounting. After hours, of course, anything goes--and it sounds like you did a great job!

I think we'd have a lot of fun with our hand drums if the opportunity arose (of course now with all the security issues on British flights...)
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

A djembe will fit into almost any kind of music. There was a bluegrass band playing at the bar where my girlfriend at the time worked. These guys (and girl) were straight out of the sticks. Washboard, spoons, saw with a bow, washtub bass, mouth harp, etc.... They had no drums, so my girlfriend tried to talk them into letting me sit in for a song. They were'nt to keen on the idea, but she convinced them to let me play when they started their second set. I played really mellow, just keeping a backbeat for them, when the singer says "let's hear what you got" in the middle of the song. With a big grin on my face, I showed them "what I got". Thier eyes got as big as saucers and they begged me to stay and play the rest of the night with them. After the show, they asked me to join them permanently. I did'nt do it (prior commitments), but I recorded 2 songs with them.

Hand drums will fit anywhere. It's just finding the right people who have the musical creativity to give it a shot and don't hold back because the sound is'nt "traditional". If everybody stayed in the traditional frame of mind, we might as well jam pencils in our ears as there would never be any new music ever!
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Cheers for that u guys, it's great as you say how hand drum can fit into most music and it's also handy that it's very very portable(well most hand drums), so you can play anytime, anywhere.