Thread: What sticks do you prefer?

User Info Menu

Default Re: What sticks do you prefer?

New.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by -bongos- View Post
    I'm I. Love with the Vic Firth Bubby Rich sticks. My local GC had bags of the second stock Vic Firth sticks on sale, 10 pair for $10. I found 3 bags of the Buddie Rich sticks, and bought them all. 30 pairs of sticks for $30!!!!!!!!! I probably threw out 7 of 8 sticks that were not straight, but still an incredible value. And as an added bonus, they weren't painted.
    Did you ever notice that in any of his videos , none of his sticks looked like the signature models put out by any of the companies?
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    I just bought a pair of Promark Mike Portnoy sticks. I think they are 420s or something, with nylon tip. I really like them so far - .531 diameter fits my hands a lot better.

Tex
    You wonder how they got to be named 420 though.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Los Cabos Jazz (7A) Red Hickory. Very solid stick for a 7A. Real nice feel - not slippery at all and they last a long time. Los Cabos are located only a few minutes drive outside of Fredericton, NB city limits, where I live. They make a very wide range of quality sticks. Around here they are cheaper than other major brands by at least a couple of dollars or more per pair. Quite a success story for New Brunswick (along with that other company...what are they called again?.. oh, yeah, Sabian.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pgm554 View Post
    You wonder how they got to be named 420 though.
    haha he has one special birthday lol