Thread: Interface with 3 mic inputs..

User Info Menu

Default Interface with 3 mic inputs..

Im looking into recording drums and Im trying to find an interface with three mic inputs. I was going to mic all my drums, but I figure the two overhead approach was best for me (as Im not looking for studio quality stuff). That leaves the two mics but I want to mic the bass, so thats three. Do they make any inputs with 3? Can I buy an adapter to make the one into two? or do I have to buy a four input interface?

Im new to this kind of stuff so any help is grateful

User Info Menu

Default Re: Interface with 3 mic inputs..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkxX9oPuKQc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkxX9oPuKQc[/ame]
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Hey Yoda. I am assuming you want to record to your computer and to do that you will need a few things....
    First, do a search on here. The way the interface from mic to computer is a little complicated and has been discussed multiple times in detail.
    Second, there are multiple products out there with two, four, eight, sixteen, etc inputs; butI have never seen a three input model. let us know how it goes.

User Info Menu

You could always get a small mixing board to plug the mics in to, and then just take either mono or stereo right/left out of the mixing board in to the interface. Then it doesn't matter how many mics you plug in, you'll be condensing it down to two imputs in to the interface. I own a 12 channel mixer (only 4 channels have XLR inputs, but still that's enough) with phantom power made by Behringer that I got online for like $50, and it works great.

The downside is that you won't be able to adjust anything for the individual microphones once the recording has been made, but that's really only possible with those huge expensive interfaces like the ones MBox and PreSonus make.
    "Guys, if you wanted Superman for this gig, you should have hired Superman. Instead, you got Batman." - Donny Gruendler

"You always think you have more problems than you actually have." - Dave Elitch

Instagram: @bringerofthud
    Twitter:@davetilove