Thread: help with a review plz.

User Info Menu

Default help with a review plz.

can someone tell me what the pacific fs series is .are they quality sets or beginner whatever you can tell me will help..thx

User Info Menu

Default Re: help with a review plz.

VR, when I think of "beginner sets," I think of the kits that are made in China and then resold by different drum manufacturers as their beginner line. The beginner sets have Philippine Mahagony (Luan) shells, and are always wrapped. They also usually come with the ultra cheap cymbals (some call them trash can lids), a cheap throne, cheap pedal, and cheap snare stand, hi-hat stand, and one straight cymbal stand.

The PDP FS drums are all birch shells with a satin oil finish, and the set includes some hardware that is pretty middle of the road stuff. It would be more of a budget (student) kit, but definitely not a cheap beginner kit. I don't know much about the shell thicknesses of this kit, so I would check that out and compare it to other kits in the price range.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

ok this helps thank you .so as i understand it they are sort of middle of the road sets.all this new lingo since i played in the 60s has thrown me . what then is a fusion set? i feel so stupid

User Info Menu

They are nice drums! The FS model is not a beginner drum set, but more of a mid level kit, as most drums are until you get up into the high end or custom drums.
    DW Collector's Series ~ Zildjian cymbals

User Info Menu

I had a PDP FS kit and it was a very nice kit. I wanted a maple kit so I traded them in on a PDP CX series. Both kits are very well made for the price. I don't think you would be dissappointed with them.

A fusion kit refers to the sizes of drums. My FS kit had a 10,12,14 inch toms with a 22 inch bass some fusion kits have a 20 bass instead of 22. A standard size kit would usually be 12,13 and 16 inch toms with a 22 inch bass. Good luck. John