Thread: Fried my TD-6!! WARNING!!!

User Info Menu

Default Fried my TD-6!! WARNING!!!

Ok so I was on the Roland website and saw that there was an update available for the TD-6. I downloaded it and followed the instructions to install it to the module via MIDI cable. I took the steps and now my module doesnt even do anything except light up. No letters or anything on the LCD screen just a backlight. The buttons dont do anything except light up at random times. I called Roland and they said that there is no update for the TD-6 it's only for the TD-6V. I kinda wish they woulda made that a little more clear on the site. Now I gotta send it in to get fixed at $70.00 and hour charged in 15 minute increments!
    This sux!

So I guess the lesson learned is read carefully before installing any updates!!
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Default Re: Fried my TD-6!! WARNING!!!

dang that's really scary, sorry to hear that man! i think the company should reset it for free because it was an honest mistake, and you already invested the money with them. it's kinda crummy that they would not be like "everybody makes mistakes, we will fix it back the way it was free of charge." i mean, that to me just seems like the way it should be. anyone could have made the mistake and they should try to put themselves in their customer's shoes and not be so greedy. just my two cents
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Well I haven't spoke with them at any length. I'm gonna call monday and see whats up. I may just take it to LA with me when I go to NAMM next week and see if they can have it done in like two days and I'll bring it home. I doubt it though. The other thing that sux is my new mesh snare came in the day after this happened. I have a beautiful new PD-120 snare and I cant even play it!! ARRRRGH!!

I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortune, though I agree with what's already been said and think that if they didn't make it clear, then they should share the responsibility.

Good luck .

User Info Menu

what does the update for the TD6-V do ?

had a scoot on the web, and apparently there is an update for the TD6.....

confused.

User Info Menu

Have you tried resetting the factory presets?

User Info Menu

TD, I can only imagine how you must feel about that. Have you visited the site again to see just how clear it was? If it wasn't clear, then maybe customer service will cut you some slack. If not, I would write a letter to corporate management explaining how excited you were to buy your e-kit, and then how disappointed you were when due to the ambiguity of their website, your TD-9 module was rendered inoperate by their download. I did that once when an online retailer's customer service didn't come through for me, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that management intervened and handled the problem. Just make sure they know how happy you were with their product, and then how disappointed you were. Customer goodwill is important in today's economy.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Well I haven't spoke with them at any length. I'm gonna call monday and see whats up. I may just take it to LA with me when I go to NAMM next week and see if they can have it done in like two days and I'll bring it home. I doubt it though. The other thing that sux is my new mesh snare came in the day after this happened. I have a beautiful new PD-120 snare and I cant even play it!! ARRRRGH!!
    how'd you get tickets to NAMM?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

To answer a few questions:
    one devil st. : The update for the TD-6V has some sound updates and a few other things. I know the site says update for TD-6 but I guess its only if you have the TD-6V.

I'm gonna contact Roland and see if they will work with me. I haven't had much of a chance to talk to them.

xsabers: I can't reset it as it's totally inoperable. The screen lights up and thats it.

Russ: I happen to be good friends and a good customer with my local mom and pop music store owner. I started asking him for the tickets almost a year ago. He told me he had two extras so I got them for me and my buddy. I'm so excited!!

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

I copied this off of the Roland website. The title says TD-6V but if you read below it just says TD-6. It's like that for all of the TD-6 models. The title will give the model but the text under just says TD-6 Update

Downloads & Updates
    Downloads & Updates

TD-6 System Update Version 1.02 (PC - MIDI)
    This is the latest operating system update for the TD-6. Please refer to the readme.pdf for the update procedure.
    Note to PC Users Updating through MIDI:
    If you are having problems sending these files from your sequencer, or if you need a sequencer to send these files, download the PCSMF Update Application located here.
    If you do not have a program to unzip this download, you can download WinZip here.
    TD-6 System Update Version 1.02 (MAC - MIDI)
    This is the latest operating system update for the TD-6. Please refer to the readme.pdf for the update procedure.

Note to Mac Users: You will need the UPD SMF Update Application if you do not have access to a sequencer program.

Zildjian League