Drum Domains

Thread: twin pedal techniques

User Info Menu

Talking twin pedal techniques

what do you you guys who use twin pedals do to practise playing fast?, i need tips

this thread is dedicated to drummer... happy now?

User Info Menu

Yaaaaayyy
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mob47

this thread is dedicated to drummer... happy now?
    lol...I knew you had it in you!
    - Tom

Everyone loves FREE... like this free drum forum. But like your car and even your drums, they require upkeep and maintenance and that requires money.

Will you consider Shopping at Drum Bum to help support this forum?

Or make a donation here.

I know from working with Drum Bum through the years, that this forum is costly to run. It requires server fees, hosting, ongoing moderation, advertising, software upgrades, security certificates and IT work when it breaks. All in addition to the expenses that come from running a business. These costs are offset (hopefully) by members that click through to Drum Bum to make a purchase now and then, if not make a contribution to help keep it running.

On behalf of Drum Bum, thank you for your consideration.

User Info Menu

Heel/toe, both feet.

User Info Menu

I would do everything you did in your snare book from your first lessons and do that on the double bass. That or do this: start out with a comfortable speed on a metronome. Then start doing quarter notes. Then eights, sixteenths, and so on. And rinse and repeat. Increase speed when you think you've got it down.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.

User Info Menu

You can quickly become discouraged if you're new at double bass. I always tell students to start with a nice simple lick that you can work into the music right away and then start playing it with your favourite CD. This helps build your confidence.

User Info Menu

that or play along to most death metal songs. 99% of the time they have double basses in the song.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.