Thread: Relax/Concentrate Problem

User Info Menu

Default Relax/Concentrate Problem

Hi guys,

I play the drums for 3 years, but I still have a problem of relaxation. I don't talk about physical relaxation, but about mental relaxation. I play the drums and i allways find my self thinking of something else or daydreaming and I lose my concentration. I find it very difficult to relax and concentrate for more than 4-5 minutes and this affects my drumming. Any tips???
    Drumming till my arms and feet go dead!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Relax/Concentrate Problem

Get into the groove of the music more, once your really into it, you wont be able to think of anythin else but the song.
    www.youtube.com/dannyatcranny

PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

It could be many things but if all other considerations don't satisfy you, consider learning about ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) which deals with the lack of the ability to concentrate. It's very real and affects a lot of people in many ways.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    It could be many things but if all other considerations don't satisfy you, consider learning about ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) which deals with the lack of the ability to concentrate. It's very real and affects a lot of people in many ways.
    I agree, probably your best option to check into first.............best of luck.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    from a ADD sufferer you might have it. if you daydream and lose concentration in other areas not just drums you could have it.
    or you just might not be into whatever it is your playing