Thread: new to the chat

User Info Menu

Default new to the chat

Hello all!

New here to Drum Chat dot Com. Thought I'd tell you all about myself. I have a commercial recording studio and a group that performs progessive jazz fusion/rock. I also teach music in the elementary school public system in my neck of the woods.

The drum sets that the group uses are as follows:
    1981 Ludwig natural maple set with the original ludwig die-cast hoops (actually, it's for sale on ebay right know) (sizes 10, 12, 14, 15, 22)

Late 80's sonor lite signature series birch with all the signature seriest hardware (sizes 12, 14, 16, 18, 24)

2004 Bison hand built maple (sizes 12, 14, 16, 18, 22)

Cymbals: zildjian platinums (unless otherwise specified)
    -Hiats: 16"
    -Crashes: 16,17,18,19
    -Rides: 21", 22" (another 21" vintage re-issue)
    -China: 22" (old A I believe from the early 60's)
    -Splash: 8" (new A from 1999 and either a heavy heavy splash or small crash 10" from early 60's)

We are in the middle of purchasing a edrum set from Hart Dynamics and probable the roland TD-20)

Thanks for reading!

Zach
    Fell Boyzs
    www.fellboyzs.com

User Info Menu

Cool new to the chat

Welcome aboard, fellboyzs...or Zach...whichever!

Must admit I've not heard, or heard of, the Bison set, but a hand-built maple set must put out some killer sounds...

As you can guess, I'm one of the resident hand drummers...do you use hand percussion in your gigs, and if so, what kind(s)?

Will check out your website...again, welcome aboard...you'll find we're a cool (if somewhat crazy) bunch of drummers!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drumchat Zach.
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Welcome to the crew!
    I think you'll find we are an interesting collection of people, but I think you'll like it here...I know I do!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Wecome, fellboyzs! Can you tell us more about your teaching gig? Are you volunteering, or are you a certified school teacher? What's your background? Music degree? Sorry if I seem a bit nosey, but I've got two budding musicians at home and I'm always keenly interested to learn the secrets of working musicians.

User Info Menu

Greetings

User Info Menu

You will love it here

we are amazing
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

We are superior.
    Drummer Chicks Rule