Thread: New drum gear at NAMM 2010 (VIDEOS!)

User Info Menu

Default New drum gear at NAMM 2010 (VIDEOS!)

Cool new stuff at NAMM 2010. Gearguruz.com has some good videos:

http://www.guruz.me/namm

Zildjian stuff (from harmony central):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTd9vvV0hZ0"]YouTube- Winter NAMM 2010 Zildjian[/ame]

This looks cool - Pearl e E Pro electronic kit:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5VDmzx8cUQ"]YouTube- Pearl E Pro NAMM 2010[/ame]

User Info Menu

Default Re: New gear at NAMM 2010 (VIDEOS!)

Pearl kit is awesome, but too pricey. Why do you need to buy these (as a Pearl rep described) old Export quality shells when many (most) drummers already have a kit? The triggers could easily be adapted to fit any standard drum (you could by a cheapo off of CL). I think this will be part of the next phase. Now the cable connection is fixed in the shell. Everything else comes off and can be replaced with standard heads.

User Info Menu

I like where Pearl is going with putting all the technology in the head. You can't blame them for wanting to dress it up with a nice looking shell. Priced where it will be (probably $2K) it will be a luxury item for studio guys. In a year or so, they will probably market the head/brain package for under a grand. I'm glad someone is pushing Roland a bit in this market. The V-Drums are super fun but way too expensive for most players. 10 years from now we'll probably have WiFi connected overlays to serve as triggers. I wouldn't mind consistent, sampled drum sounds, but I would have a hard time getting rid of my cymbals. That is way too hard to replicate.

User Info Menu

that pearl kit is a waste of money. ddrum has been integrating triggers into real shells for about a year or two now, and for around 800 to boot! it looks nice but come on, don't throw your money away on a name
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I played that kit while I was there. It sounds and feels good but I prefer the rubber cymbal pads if I'm gonna play an e-kit. The brass ones were regular cymbals with a piece of plastic on them and it was just noisy and your heard a really loud "click" when playing them. They had a cool feature though (may have just been for the show) they had a sonic shaker mounted to the throne so when you hit the kick or wone of the two lower toms you could feel it in the seat. Pretty cool kits though and sound samples that can compete with the rolands
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

This was the coolest drumset I saw there. It's a new tuning design that works by kind of screwing the rim on (almost like a pill bottle lid) so theres no need to struggle with tuning. You can change the head in less than a minute and when the new one is on there you just adjust it to the tone you want and play away. They are called Rotek Drums
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

yeah thats crazy stuff

User Info Menu

Shane,

Where did you get that price? I was under the impression that they were much higher than that.

And Russ, aren't the ddrum triggers used on regular heads? These are at least quiet like the V-drums.

User Info Menu

Shane,

Where did you get that price? I was under the impression that they were much higher than that.

And Russ, aren't the ddrum triggers used on regular heads? These are at least quiet like the V-drums.

User Info Menu

The Pearl e-pro kit is a mere $3200

ummmm..no

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    it looks nice but come on, don't throw your money away on a name
    I wasn't planning on getting any of these, just looking, but agreed on the ddrum stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    Shane,

That was a guess.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    Shane,

Ddrum triggers can be used on either regular heads or mesh heads. So they can be as quiet as V-drums.
    Kits
    DW Performance(white marine): 8x7/10x8/12x9/16x14/22x18
    Mapex Saturn III(transparent walnut): 10x8/12x9/16x16/22x18/14x5.5

Snares
    Pork Pie 14x7 Cherry/Bubinga
    Pork Pie 14x6.5 Big Black Bob
    Mapex Saturn 14x5.5 Maple/Walnut
    Homemade 14x5.5 Maple(10 ply Keller)

Cymbals
    Sabian
    14" AA regular hats
    10" AAX splash