Thread: CAD 4-Piece Mics?

User Info Menu

Default CAD 4-Piece Mics?

Has anyone used these mics? They're only 80 bucks on amazon or musician's friend but some people rated them low. Particularly, I'm looking for a deep, short, THUNK sound out of a bass mic- the one I have now (40 bucks) is pretty bad. Any comments?

Pearl Vision VSX, Metallic Orange, 6 piece.
    Paiste Crash/ride, Wuhan Splashes, Sabian B8 Hats.
    Now listening to: Mastodon, Rush, Dream Theater, Serj Tankian, Symphony X, Nightwish
    Proud User of DrumDial, Torque Keys, and other such "nonsense". Heh.

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: CAD 4-Piece Mics?

THey are bad, everyone I know has had problems with them
    Apex is better and still wont cost you a lot

User Info Menu

I've heard mixed reviews on the CADs. I bought Shure's low end mic's and think they sound great. The 4 piece set is $249 however, so that might be out of your budget. You could look for used as well.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

i think the review you hear, will depend on the person writing it. sometimes these are real people like us, musicians just trying to review gear they bought and what they thought about it. but many times you'll get troublemakers on review sites; people from other companies, guys that hate on brands for no reason, or just people with a personal bias towards something else. you won't get accurate information, but rather you will hear terms they learned and decided to use for gear-bashing purposes.

and the problem is a lot of people have a bias towards certain things, so if you ask them about another thing you never know if it's legit or not. read all reviews, try it at a store if you can, and even look on youtube for demonstrations. the more solidarity you have in your research the better you will know about the product you want. that said, they might be good and might be bad but it's a nice start. if you are budget minded there isn't a ton of options out there, but either CAD's or Audix Fusion microphones i have heard great things about.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Audix d6 mic is the industry standard and gives a great bass drum sound. If you pair it with a subkick mic watch out, Awesome!

User Info Menu

I have the CAD Pro-7 mic pack. It's the 7 piece, so it includes 2 condenser mics for overhead use. The CAD mics are decent mics for getting started into mic'ing on a budget, but if you are serious about recording or sound reinforcement, then you will want to save for a better set of mics.

Just my 2 cents.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I have the CAD Pro-7 mic pack. It's the 7 piece, so it includes 2 condenser mics for overhead use. The CAD mics are decent mics for getting started into mic'ing on a budget, but if you are serious about recording or sound reinforcement, then you will want to save for a better set of mics.

Just my 2 cents.
    I was thinking of getting the same set what mixer do you use?