Thread: Blue "Snowball" Mic

User Info Menu

Default Blue "Snowball" Mic

I am in need of a USB mic for what basically amounts to conversation recording that I am doing with a few friends for a podcast. I was thinking about picking up the "Snowball" USB Condensor mic by Blue. Does anyone have any experience with this mic, and know how it works for speaking, or if it works for, say, an acoustic guitar as well?
    "Guys, if you wanted Superman for this gig, you should have hired Superman. Instead, you got Batman." - Donny Gruendler

"You always think you have more problems than you actually have." - Dave Elitch

Instagram: @bringerofthud
    Twitter:@davetilove

User Info Menu

Default Re: Blue "Snowball" Mic

I have recorded vocals with this mic and it came out veeeery well. I have never recorded instruments with it, but I assume guitar would be fine as it has a setting for it. All around great mic, although may I also suggest the Zoom products. The Zoom H4 has two built in mics and two XLR mic ports, so If you wanted to record a quick demo of your drums you could put a bass mic in and use the Zoom as a room mic, and maybe an overhead.
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-01-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Messed up typing

User Info Menu

Default Re: Blue "Snowball" Mic

haven't used it.. i'm using the mxl990 as a room mic and you can hear footsteps when it's on. real sensitive and takes to volume well i think.. seems like it has a good low end for only $50
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments