Thread: China splash

User Info Menu

Default China splash

Hello guys,

I want to buy a china splash. I just want some opinions about what china splash i should buy. What brand? Also, i've seen a Mike Terrana video that he takes a normal splash and makes it china splash. Is this good or it will destroy my cymbal. I have a K hybrid splash but I can not make it china splash like Terrana because it's too thick. What splashes are thin enough to become china splashes and sound good without hurting the cymbal??? Thanks
    Drumming till my arms and feet go dead!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: China splash

adccnotbe, I'd go with a 12" Wuhan China. It is cheap, definitely splashy, and then you won't have to alter another cymbal, hoping that it comes out right. When you're thinking of that trashy China sound, Wuhan delivers it. It's not exactly the most musical China, but it is definitely trashy. I have an 18" and a 12" on my kit. I really like to play the 12" China and a 12" Wuhan Splash in combination with each other - very cool sound.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zazmopwpfCk"]YouTube- 10" Saluda Nemesis China Blast[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjfY4qBxNMI&feature=related"]YouTube- 10" Saluda Earthworks China Blast[/ame]

The Nemesis china was recorded by me.

User Info Menu

Wuhan sells an 8", 10", and a 12" splash as well as all the normal china sizes also. With a splash, why spend $80.00 to $150.00 on a Sabian or Zildjian when you can get a Wuhan for under $30.00. The difference can't be that drastic in sound I wouldn't think? Then again, maybe I'm wrong? If you can try them out at your local drum shop and see for yourself.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

I at one time had a B8 sabian 10" China splash, I loved this little guy, It fit in well with offbeat accents and blended with some crashes. Im not a fan of B8 cymbals, but they do the trick.

User Info Menu

I have a 12" Stagg DH China...and I love the sound! Actually cuts through louder than you might think...I still want to get my hands on a much larger china though. I love the sound of them!
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks