Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Classic Pro Birch Hybrid

User Info Menu

Default Custom Classic Pro Birch Hybrid

This is my 1st set of drums. There has been has been some discussions in several forums and about this no name brand, so considering there is no sense in spending alot, and as being a totally newb, I thought I would give these a shot. The price is right and for the most part turnkey for a basic kit as hardware in included.

So I thought as least start by showing how this kit is packaged (intial inspection). I will probably take a few days to get everything together (including figuring out how it goes together ) LOL...

I will provide comments at least what I think of it.. So if someone is considering one of these - it may be helpful info. I will update this thread as I progress to add pics.

Everything came in 3 boxes...

Nice! Dangit !!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Custom Classic Pro Birch Hybrid

Dude...you can't leave us in suspense like that! WE NEED TO SEE THE ACTUAL DRUMS!!!

But yeah, welcome to Drum Chat and congrats on your first kit!
    Matt

User Info Menu

Can't wait to see the actual drums, but so far the boxes look fairly good!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

haha, does that box say "Pro snara stand"?

EDIT: Good luck getting that set together! It shouldn't be too hard, just tedious and time consuming hah.
    Last edited by dgonzo2; 02-03-2010 at 11:29 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dgonzo2 View Post
    haha, does that box say "Pro snara stand"?
    It does!
    Matt

User Info Menu

Sorry - I got tripped up by mod approved and the 4 pic per post limit.

Continued....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    It does!

Yes is does - LOL - next batch coming for a mod to approve...

User Info Menu

Don't worry about it too much coronet, because the limits should only last throught first 10 posts, and you're at seven already.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Lol at snara stand!

Can't wait to see it set-up!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Don't worry about it too much coronet, because the limits should only last throught first 10 posts, and you're at seven already.
    Thank you - I figured there was a restriction based on posts - I was not sure of how many.

User Info Menu

I'm just wondering why you have a sink strainer as an avatar.

(Welcome to DrumChat)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I'm just wondering why you have a sink strainer as an avatar.

(Welcome to DrumChat)

Actually it's a brake drum. My way of explaining my skill level (personal inside joke). I can play with those much better than I can with any other type of drum..

User Info Menu

continued....

User Info Menu

Beautiful red color coronet. Looks like a lacquer finish rather than a wrap. Is that right?

User Info Menu

Nice pics man....looks like Christmas in February! You'll love the birch shells! So much punch and sound!

Edit: My drums were either off of the showroom floor or bought used...none ever came in boxes. I'd love to open a brand new box and see shiney new drums and smell the packing hmmmmmm......almost as good as bread baking in an oven.
    Last edited by late8; 02-04-2010 at 12:45 PM.

User Info Menu

I personally don't care for wraps at all. Supposed to be a laquer finish. I guess I am a wood guy.

As far as the finish I was actually kind of surprised that it looked as good as it did. I was expecting worse. Not even a fingerprint. There were a couple of defects, but they would be covered by the hoops. I did find a couple of dust specks after examining the finish on the shells. The insides are nicely sanded. Just as general observation looks like they attempted to take some care. The bass shell did have some dings on the inside, but I am not sure if that was from shipping, but I think they need to up the packaging just a tad. So far for 499.00 I cannot complain..

More to come ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Nice pics man....looks like Christmas in February! You'll love the birch shells! So much punch and sound!

Edit: My drums were either off of the showroom floor or bought used...none ever came in boxes. I'd love to open a brand new box and see shiney new drums and smell the packing hmmmmmm......almost as good as bread baking in an oven.

I was thinking about taking a big wiff, but at the same time, (with all the scares) I wondered how toxic this things could be -LOL.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coronet_500 View Post
    I was thinking about taking a big wiff, but at the same time, (with all the scares) I wondered how toxic this things could be -LOL.
    I like wood grain finishes myself but hey...like you said this kit is the starting point, later if things take off, I can see you upgrading the kit and stepping up into something you'll cherish forver.

User Info Menu

MOAR !!!!

User Info Menu

coronet 500- I just love red drums....looks great on stage with lights!

User Info Menu

I like red alot. This was the only color I was partial too.. - actually the color marked on the box is cherry. Pictures don't pick up the color that well.

Wow - Free sticks - Not my size ...

Note one of the wood hoops is not flat - I will attempt to get -pic... Looks like someone went overboard with the sanding. I noticed when putting the head on.

User Info Menu

Great pics coronet 500...keep 'em coming.

Edit: What are considering for cymbals?
    Last edited by late8; 02-04-2010 at 04:47 PM.

User Info Menu

I plan too - Just wanted to give consumer view. Lot of options vs cost, head scratching, etc.. It's good to know what you are really gettting for the dollar vs the sales pitch for a starter kit. Hopefully this will help someone if they consider one of these as an option. I was going to get a Gretch but will it make me a better player - nope. I need to figure out what my likes and dislikes and interaction with an acoustic before moving up to something better. Sort of like training wheels...

User Info Menu

another batch..

Snare and floor tom (in the small box)

User Info Menu

Those drums look sweet, man! Birch shells and a lacquer finish doesn't sound like a "starter" kit to me. And for 499? That's a great deal.
    Matt