Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heel-down

User Info Menu

Default Re: Heel-down

i have always played heel down...its just what i do..even with my double bass pedal i play heel down...i have tried to play heel up but then eventually it goes back to heel down lol...idk..works for me.
    Zildjian-Gretsch-Remo
    "drumming is about time and I'm still having a good time!"

MisterMixelpix Guest

Default Re: Heel-down

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    It's so funny when people get into "right or wrong technique" I know that there are certain fundamental things that if not corrected will definately hamper your ability to improve at a certain thing but idk if there is an absolute right or wrong for everything. Take Carter Beauford for instance. Have you ever seen his grip. He's way back on the sticks, my first thought is how does he get the speed that he does when he holds the sticks so far back. I would love to talk to the first teacher that said "You will never go anywhere holding the sticks like that." Maybe I could help him wipe the egg off of his face. LOL
    Yeah but that's like taking cues from the 0.01% of professional musicians who never learned how to read music and going "well I guess learning to read music is unnecessary." Some people are just gifted, they'll succeed and do great things just by doing things their own way.

My point was just that going by what's "comfortable" in the short term isn't necessarily best.