Thread: Will most floor tom brackets/legs fit this old floor tom I found?

User Info Menu

Default Will most floor tom brackets/legs fit this old floor tom I found?

I found an old floor tom without any legs or brackets and was wondering how to order some. Will most new brackets fit on this old drum? This drum was found at a thrift store and has no badge or markings of any kind. I don't know what kind it is. It has holes already for the old brackets, and I'm wondering if I buy some new ones If they should fit.
    The spacing between the holes is 1 3/4 inch between the first and second hole, and 2 1/4 inch between the first and third. There are three holes.

o 3rd
    o 2nd

O 1st

Thanks for the help!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Will most floor tom brackets/legs fit this old floor tom I found?

just drill new holes if you have to, its very easy. then fill the old holes with glue and let it dry. it should be fine.

User Info Menu

Sounds like someone already drilled it out for new brackets, I have never seen a leg bracket with 3 mounting holes like you describe. Shouldn't be hard to find something that will fit since you have 2 size options. Post a picture of the tom and I'll tell you what you have and what parts to look for.

User Info Menu

Could be quite an interesting little project Make sure to post some pics after!
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks