Thread: Block off plate

User Info Menu

Default Block off plate

i have an old drum set that ive had for a few years now and it sounds great and not able to get a better kit at this time. I am going to get either the pearl optimount system or the iss for my toms, my question is is there a way to cover up where the tom mounted to the arm? And i now have a drum rack and would also like to take the tom mount off my bass drum. Thanks in advance

User Info Menu

Default Re: Block off plate

If its an old drum set then I definately would not put any extra holes in the shells.

As far as the tom mounts that are on it now, I suggest leaving them on so you dont lose the hardware, because years from now you will most likely never remember that "safe place" you stashed them.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    If its an old drum set then I definately would not put any extra holes in the shells.

As far as the tom mounts that are on it now, I suggest leaving them on so you dont lose the hardware, because years from now you will most likely never remember that "safe place" you stashed them.
    isnt that the truth....i put things in a "safe place" and hide them from myself
    Zildjian-Gretsch-Remo
    "drumming is about time and I'm still having a good time!"

Larrysperf Guest

you can buy them

User Info Menu

I think pearl make plates to cover holes from brackets/attachments...I know they certainly do ones for converting bass drums into virgin ones...check them out
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks