Thread: trick pro drum pedal

User Info Menu

Default trick pro drum pedal

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dal?sku=445506

way overpriced... but is it worth it? anyone up here played it?
    arnold for president!!

User Info Menu

seems like just a money grabber
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

the spring tention mecanism seems interesting
    arnold for president!!

User Info Menu

770$? christ thats alot for a petal. I don't think id ever buy that unless i spontaneously became a millionaire.
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

yeah, seems like another cool idea that won't go anywhere because of the cost.
    i must be the only hip hop fan here

User Info Menu

that thing is almost double the price of my drum set..
    that was a comment but still ..... wow lol

User Info Menu

I read a full review of this think in Rhythm Magazine. they thought it was unreal. the strange spring system worked really well and everything there was fully adjustable. I'll try put a pdf of the review up at some stage.
    the only black mark was the price.....but its really for people who are ultra specific about their drums.not for beginners obviously.
    Last edited by mexicancounciloffood; 03-13-2007 at 06:17 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mexicancounciloffood
    I read a full review of this think in Rhythm Magazine. they thought it was unreal. the strange spring system worked really well and everything there was fully adjustable. I'll try put a pdf of the review up at some stage.
    the only black mark was the price.....but its really for people who are ultra specific about their drums.not for beginners obviously.
    i want it now.. the axis pedal is getting anoying.. im about to start a new band this thursday we move into our new practice space, and i re adjusted the axis pedal .. im giving it one more shot... if it doesnt wow me this time around, im selling it on ebay and taking out a loan for this trick pedal lol

(new drum hardware is my crack)
    arnold for president!!

User Info Menu

what kind of axis?
    i must be the only hip hop fan here

User Info Menu

Default Trick Double Pedal / Pro Pedal

Quote Originally Posted by deadforaminute
    i want it now.. the axis pedal is getting anoying.. im about to start a new band this thursday we move into our new practice space, and i re adjusted the axis pedal .. im giving it one more shot... if it doesnt wow me this time around, im selling it on ebay and taking out a loan for this trick pedal lol
    It's not the pedal, it's you. It doesn't take a $770 pedal to play well or to even feel good. They've got a nice fat lure on the line and you're taking the bait!

By the way; Sam Ash has it for $699.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    It's not the pedal, it's you. It doesn't take a $770 pedal to play well or to even feel good. They've got a nice fat lure on the line and you're taking the bait!

By the way; Sam Ash has it for $699.
    im a drum equipment junkie... i know i have a problem

i have played on a iron cobra thru a whole show, and i liked it very much, smooth response.. it just didnt kick as hard as the axis does... .... yeah ive herd that "its not the pedal its me" stuff many times.. but then again.. why dont you try playing a whole set with 2 different pedals then come tell me you dont have an opinion on wich one feels better.. i also want a pedal thats not going to break on me.. and my axis drive shaft joints broke about a year ago, and i had to send it in to have it repaired.. then about 4 months ago, the shaft itself snapped in half! had to send it to get repaired again! in my opinion, axis pedals are not worth the money, the iron cobra is hundreds cheaper and its much smoother.. .just needs some better beaters.. i would recomend the cobra pedal with sonic hammers.. but they wont fit in the cobra. only the tama beaters fit right.. idk... theres no perfect pedal i guess..

i have a friend who plays in a local metal band in new haven who is a much more technical double bass player than me, and he also broke the drive shaft on his axis before he switched to the cobra... hes been playing the cobra for about 3 years now with no big problems....

for 700$, this trick pedal better be indestructable!
    arnold for president!!

User Info Menu

I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell ya.

User Info Menu

i have messed with the trick pedals, and am pretty impresed. my friend that plays for origin is an endorser and swears by them. what drummer is trying to say is no pedal will make you a better or faster drummer, but in the hands of someone with good techniqe the trick will enable you to bump it up a notch.
    my only problem with the tricks (other than price) is that they are TOO good.
    i never realized how much i am used to, and rely on the little bit of drag with my old faithful dw5000s. the tricks do EXACTLY what your feet do and that just feels wierd to me.