Thread: Evans G2 verses Remo Emporers

User Info Menu

Default Evans G2 verses Remo Emporers

Any guys have experience with both of these heads? I understand they both come in clear and coated. But the underline opinion should be partial to neither , just in general. I am looking to re skin my pearl reference kit. What do you guys think

User Info Menu

Default Re: Evans G2 verses Remo Emporers

I have a lot of experience with G2s, both clear and coated, and have found them to be great heads. My understanding is that the Emps (which are similar construction) have a less plastic sound, which I think would be better for you. Never used Emps, but I just put some Vintage A's on the Renowns and they sound nice.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

I have coated G2's on my toms, and they give a really great, warm, fat sound with the perfect amount of sustain. Not nearly as much attack as my old Pinstripes. I've never tried Emperor's but like Kaos I also remember hearing that they have even less attack than the Evan
    Matt

User Info Menu

i have experience with both. g2's i like better in the coated version cause they sound real equalized and responsive. emperors so far i've only used the clear ones, but love the feel of them and how they work as resonant heads on floor toms. somewhat of a more natural sound to them than g2's but not by too much i suppose.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments