Thread: left handed drummers

User Info Menu

Exclamation left handed drummers

for all you leftys, which i am one, do you set up you kit left handed or just give in to be like the other 90% of the population?(right handed) thats not right see even that set is right handed and this one and

User Info Menu

I don't think they'd make a left handed drumming emoticon just to please a small minority of people. Secondly, most left-handed drummers either learn to play like right-handers, or play open-handed instead of reversing the whole kit. I think it would just be to save time when they are using other people's kits that are already set up, so they wouldn't have to alter anything too much.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by icy_panic
    for all you leftys, which i am one, do you set up you kit left handed or just give in to be like the other 90% of the population?(right handed) thats not right see even that set is right handed and this one and
    You need to just switch and play the "right" way.

User Info Menu

Also a lefty playing righty kit. HB knows the deals, it allows you to play someone elses kit. When I was a kid, I played gospel w/ my family. To save time, I would use the drums already there whenever possible. Ca't do that if you setup lefty.
    IP, you might want to consider doing the open handed thing like Billy Cobham, Simon Phillips, etc. Unless you are too set in your ways. It will save you much heartburn later. As a natural lefty, it won't be that hard for you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    You need to just switch and play the "right" way.
    Um, since the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, us lefties are the only ones in our right mind, you know....

User Info Menu

i just do what I want. as in both hands. or open handed. I'm both handed but i prefer right over left. it's only when i do fancy stuff that i use my left hand to keep time.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.

User Info Menu

Im learning to play both left handed and right, just to improve the independence of my hands
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...