Thread: Just Me?

User Info Menu

Arrow Just Me?

is it just me or are the bassist and singers always the hardest people to find ?????

User Info Menu

For singers around where I live there are plenty but it's just hard finding a good one that isn't just self-taught.

User Info Menu

There are plenty of singers, hell, everyone's a singer. It's finding the right singer that is the hard part.

I don't know about bassists though.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

i find that the hardest to find are singers and guitarists

ya guitarists

cuz everyones a guitarist, its being able to find one that knows what he's doing.

For the most part you can get away playing, very simple bass and drum grooves, but if you play the same thing over and over for guitar, ppl begin to catch on. If you don't find a good or at least decent guitarist. You will have problems. Of course this also goes to your rhythm section also. If your bassist and drummer don't know what they are doing, you can't go anywhere, even if your guitarist is the next Hendrix. However; the rhythm section can get away with very simple stuff, as long as they keep the time.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Cool Just Me?

HB--everyone thinks he's a singer (witness "American Idol.")...

amp--the bassist and drummer (hand or set) have to work together and lock in on the groove. (In our group we have a keyboard man, guitarist and bassist, but most groups have at least the guitar and/or bass to work with the drummer.) Without the bass man and the drummer locked in with each other, it's gonna sound like "The Gong Show."

Trouble is, even the most complicated bass parts are still basic compared to the lead or rhythm guitarist...I suspect newbie guitarists get bored with a few bass chords (unless they want to pull a "Seinfeld" and slap the bass around a bit), and think the lead dude gets all the glory.
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

It's so true..

If the bass and drummer aren't locked in it WILL sound like the gong show.

HAHA that's soo funny.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

Freaking rhythm guitarists are hard to find around here!
    We have a bassist, a drummer(me of course), and a great lead guitar...now we just need someone who can keep up with him!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

dude...tell me your joking, we were just over this weren't we?
    “Fetch me the Spirit. The Son. and The Father,
    Tell them, their pillar of faith has ascended,
    ‘It’s time now…My time now!
    Give me my, give me my WINGS!’”
    -10,000 Days, Tool

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by icy_panic
    is it just me or are the bassist and singers always the hardest people to find ?????
    You mean guitarists are a dime a dozen

Seriously, I can't walk down the street without some guitarist getting in my face ... begging for food and the like.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tool
    dude...tell me your joking, we were just over this weren't we?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    Yeah dude, its okay... but you also gotta think, besides Malcolm,(who is no where near as possible as keeping up with Dale as you are) name one other good rhythm in burkesville.

exactly!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash

User Info Menu

Yeah I think bassists are really hard to find, I suggest to the youngers that they play bass so that they'll be in demand. I remember back in the day I'd bump into a great new singer almost every night so I'd say "sing something" and they'd have excuses or not know what to sing.

So I'd start singing 'Oh Say Can You See' and they'd say they couldn't sing that and they wouldn't sing anything. Some of these really great singers were very quiet when it came to singing. You have to figure if they can't sing to one person after a few when they're out, how would they fare at a full out practice or audition.
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

Let me guess...

Tool and Candlelight Chaos are in the same band...

no? LOL

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

i thought drummers are hard to find :D

User Info Menu

its kinda hard to find singers that are good around hear where i live and guitar players ....but owell.

User Info Menu

well where i live their are guitarists everywhere but bassist are less common and there is like one good singer in my whole grade
    as for drummers we aint to common either around here
    Foiled- to be cut off at the knees, to obscure or confuse.

User Info Menu

Well uh... for rythem there's Stevie Joe...lol!
    “Fetch me the Spirit. The Son. and The Father,
    Tell them, their pillar of faith has ascended,
    ‘It’s time now…My time now!
    Give me my, give me my WINGS!’”
    -10,000 Days, Tool

User Info Menu

STEVIE!?!?!?!?!
    THAT KID IS SO UNCOORDINATED HE CAN EVEN RUN STRAIGHT!!!
    LET ALONE PLAY RHYTHM FOR DALE!!!

Good lord Austin!!
    Have some sense man! LOL

and spell rhythm right...
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

Singing talent is the rarest of all talents, IMO. Bassists? Most Bassists are failed guitarists, and most popular bass lines are very easy. What I find hard about playing bass is trying to do it without a pick.