Thread: pedal springs

User Info Menu

Default pedal springs

Recently it seems like my right leg has gotten too strong for the pedal and there is very little resistance to my foot pressing down on the pedal. I put the spring tension up all the way and it didn't do anything, so I bought a new spring. It didn't help much. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there is a stronger spring available... I've already tried the hardware store. I like the resistance because the pedal jumps back up quicker and makes playing fast easier.

User Info Menu

Did you try adjusting the cam?

User Info Menu

i'm not sure how to adjust the cam. i looked it up and i found an article on adjust pedals and also i looked at the manual to my pedal but i don't really understand it. could you explain? i have this pedal http://tama.com/drums/tama_link.asp?...twb/index.html

User Info Menu

Do you mean the beater angle drummer? That's what I assumed you meant.

I'm not sure how to change it on your pedal, but at the top of the spring, there should be a clamp thats holding onto the axle of the pedal, which you should be able to undo and change the beater angle.

For more feel, move the beater further away from the head, and clamp at that angle. It takes a while to get an angle you feel happy with, but once you have it, it just feels natural.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

what do you guys perfer, high, low, or medium tension on the pedal springs, i perfer medium and high tenison based on the session.
    GOD + Me= Awsome Drummer!