Thread: Recording Amateur Videos

User Info Menu

Default Recording Amateur Videos

I would like to record half decent sounding videos of me (attempting) to cover songs from my ipod. I would eventually like to post a few on youtube etc. I have just bought a camcorder, but have no idea where to start.

Do I?

A) Play the music through a standard hifi, drum along and let the camcorder mike pick both the sound of me drumming and the backing track at the same time. Would it be helpful if i plugged a microphone into my camcorder as it has a jack for this?

B) Play with headphones and record the drumming on my camcorder and then try and import the track over the top? What software would I need for this?

Any tips would be really useful

Great website by the way

User Info Menu

Default Re: Recording Amateur Videos

Welcome to Drum Chat UKdrumfanatic!

I can't really help too much with this, since it involves an Ipod, and i don't have one. I'm sure others will drop by soon with good advice for you.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Whenever I make videos I listen to the song on headphones while I"m playing it, and record only the drums with camcorder. Then I layer the song on top of the drum track. The problem with this is that (at least with the program I use) it can be difficult to get the song to match up exactly with the drumming. But I don't know how to do it any other way lol.

I use Sony Acid, but I think there is freeware out there that can do that kind of stuff. I just happened to have that program on my computer anyways.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Thanks Guys. This website is great by the way. I have so many questions though!
    Thats what I had sort of figured, but I had heard that it was quite hard to sync the audio element with the visual. Ill give it a go and see what happens!
    Have you got any videos on youtube?

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome Pastor Bob