Thread: Hybrid Amplification

User Info Menu

Default Hybrid Amplification

Hello Drummers,

Just recently got back into playing again after an extended hiatus, so please pardon my ignorance on such matters.
    After purchasing and playing a Roland TD-3 for awhile, I wanna mix things up and build me a hybrid. Please advise me if you foresee any problems with what I want to do:

drums--
    All roto toms / mesh heads - triggered
    Acoustic Bass / mesh batter - triggered
    Snare/hi-hat/cymbals - acoustic

One of my main concerns is having enough juice in my amp(s) to equal the drums to the snare/cymbals in a live situation. I had 2 Behringer EUROLIVE B212A pushing my TD-3 and they sounded so bad, I gave them away... I was frustrated. I wish I found this site before I bought those things because after reading about them here, it's obvious.
    I was going with Roland triggers and from what I understand, any one of the v-drum sound modules (brain) will work.

Thanks in advance.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hybrid Amplification

i play a 4 pc kit plus 2 yamaha pads, all my drums get miced and my 2 pads are fed back into my monitor along with some bass and snare. then in the front, the sound guy just mixes them in with my acoustic drums .
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by atomcorr2 View Post
    i play a 4 pc kit plus 2 yamaha pads, all my drums get miced and my 2 pads are fed back into my monitor along with some bass and snare. then in the front, the sound guy just mixes them in with my acoustic drums .
    I should be more specific: All I want is enough amplication with my triggered drums to be on par with the natural/acoustic, un-miked cymbals and snare.
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

bump...

User Info Menu

I have an extensive post at vdrums about PA/Amp that should probably fit the bill. I can't link directly to it because of restrictions here on linking.

It's the sticky in the On Stage section.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse

User Info Menu

I recently bought a behringer k900fx keyboard amp/pa for my td-9, personally i think it sounds great, its 90 watts, it can easily get loud enough to hurt your ears, i have never put it even 3/4 of the way, i got it for about 250 new at a guitar center