Thread: Can't Remember Brand Name

User Info Menu

Question Can't Remember Brand Name

I had a 5 pc. set in the late 80s early 90s and I'm trying to remember the brand name. It was an off-white set which had no mounts for resonate heads. I believe they were manufactured by Pearl under another label. It was an entry level/budget kit. Any ideas?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Can't Remember Brand Name

Welcome to Drum Chat areFish!

I can't really help you on IDing the kit, since I am a more recent convert to the world of drumming, but I am sure that there are others here that can help you out. There is certainly a lot of knowledge floating around here.

Again, welcome!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

Drum Bum: Gifts for Drummers

Cool Drummer T-shirts and Drum Accessories!

User Info Menu

Your description is a little vague, a picture would be great help to ID it. Im no official on the matter either and I have been playing for over 30 years.

I do know there were some different entry level kits that were all imports here to the states. I believe CB was one of the more popular ones with a couple knock-offs of them and the lack of a reso head should be a big tip but I cant come up with a name.

Welcome to the board, maybe someone else out there can chime in with more.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

I was able to answer my own question after some searching. They were Maxwin drums.