Thread: Can't Remember Brand Name

User Info Menu

Question Can't Remember Brand Name

I had a 5 pc. set in the late 80s early 90s and I'm trying to remember the brand name. It was an off-white set which had no mounts for resonate heads. I believe they were manufactured by Pearl under another label. It was an entry level/budget kit. Any ideas?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Can't Remember Brand Name

Welcome to Drum Chat areFish!

I can't really help you on IDing the kit, since I am a more recent convert to the world of drumming, but I am sure that there are others here that can help you out. There is certainly a lot of knowledge floating around here.

Again, welcome!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Your description is a little vague, a picture would be great help to ID it. Im no official on the matter either and I have been playing for over 30 years.

I do know there were some different entry level kits that were all imports here to the states. I believe CB was one of the more popular ones with a couple knock-offs of them and the lack of a reso head should be a big tip but I cant come up with a name.

Welcome to the board, maybe someone else out there can chime in with more.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

I was able to answer my own question after some searching. They were Maxwin drums.