Thread: Other sites

frquent flyer Guest

Default Other sites

Anyone suggest other hand drum sites ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Other sites

Im sorry to inform you that there is no other...........

This is the only one.............
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post

Matt

frquent flyer Guest

This one is great;there is a lot of experience and wisdom among its members. Not much activity though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frquent flyer View Post
    This one is great;there is a lot of experience and wisdom among its members. Not much activity though.
    Im just having some fun with you and you are right about not much activity.

This site is only a few years old if Im not mistaken and word is getting around about the respect and amount of knowledge given here.

More and more are joining as members here all the time and seriously ......I really dont know of any other hand-drumming sites.

Start making this forum more inter-active by starting new threads or bring up old threads for discussion. I think Leedy is doing a great job in this forum adding to the hand-drum community and glad he is a member here.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

FF, the activity level comes and goes. We have had quite a few members going through very tough times, and others simply moving ahead with gigging commitments. Either way, it has taken them away from more regular participation here. Think of this as a re-building phase. The cool part is that in the re-building, the percussion forum can build as well. We have always had more set drummers than hand drummers, but that does not mean that hand drummers are not respected here. I am learning to play the congas as well as the set, but I feel far less confident in my hand drumming than my set drumming, so I tend to read the percussion section more than I post.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Other sites

You mean there ARE other sites?

DrumChat itself started in 2004 or 2005, and it may have been one of the first sites of its kind on the 'Net (am I correct on this, drummer?).

To my knowledge, this is the only drumming website that has such an active hand percussion thread. I convinced drummer to start the thread after I joined DrumChat in 2006 (forgive the mild chest-thumping here), and while the number of hand drummers joining DC -- and the activity in the PERCUSSION thread has picked up steadily ever since -- it's taken a quantum leap since leedy2 joined the gang last year (a big "gracias, mi hermano" from the b-bro to you, man).

The number of members posting at any one time varies because of gigging, work and weekend schedules, etc., but hand drummers have always been welcome here (especially the kit players whom we've convinced to start slappin' the skins--right PB? )!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    ...hand drummers have always been welcome here (especially the kit players whom we've convinced to start slappin' the skins--right PB? )!
    LOL Yes, it's nice to feel like I can be a part of the hand drumming section, even though I am learning much slower on the congas, just because I had to choose which drums would be my primary focus.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    You mean there ARE other sites?

DrumChat itself started in 2004 or 2005, and it may have been one of the first sites of its kind on the 'Net (am I correct on this, drummer?).
    We weren't the first drum forum but we were the first to have a live chat box on the main page and we were the first to accentuate respect within a drum forum. I think that really sets us apart from everyone else.

The number of members posting at any one time varies because of gigging, work and weekend schedules, etc.
    Yea, the forum gets a ton of traffic but new posts definitely fluctuate. Sometimes its real busy and other times slower. The cool thing is to be able to see Drum Chat go from a brand new forum to now one of the most popular drum forums on the net. I'm proud to have been a part of that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post

you got that right!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Yea, the forum gets a ton of traffic but new posts definitely fluctuate. Sometimes its real busy and other times slower. The cool thing is to be able to see Drum Chat go from a brand new forum to now one of the most popular drum forums on the net. I'm proud to have been a part of that.
    And the best part, it didn't take a rocket scientist or brain surgeon to make it a good site.

Oh wait, maybe it did.
    Signature here