Thread: It's Been A While.......

User Info Menu

Default It's Been A While.......

Hi guys! I know it’s been a while but I've been terribly busy...... I've stopped playing the drums and taking lessons, it’s been almost 3 months now. I finally realized after taking lessons for a year that I just don't have it in me to be a drummer, I'm just not very good. I got to the point where I was feeling like I was wasting my time and when I get like that, everything abruptly halts..... It was a difficult decision but I'm ok with it now. Eventually I'll pick the drums up again, but when I do, it will be for me to have pure fun and enjoyment, nothing more.

Anyway, enough about me, I really wanted to post a video of my husband’s band “Circle of Insanity”. They played at The Stone Pony in Asbury Park last Friday and it ROCKED! I’m so proud of them, they’ve really worked hard this last year and it has paid off. They are invited back to do Bamboozle in May 2010 which is a huge event at the Jersey Shore.

[ame="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=63460 225"]Circle of Insanity ® "Say Goodbye?" Video Video by Circle of Insanity ® - MySpace Video[/ame]

Thanks for checking the video out:

Here's some pics too

User Info Menu

Default Re: It's Been A While.......

DC.......Ive read this same thread from you once before in the past . Once again it sounds to me like youre discouraged .Take a break and come back to the drums and when you do, we will still be here .

You should be playing for fun , its a whole different feeling . Im at work and cant check out the video but when I get home and have the chance I will .

OH ........I forgot to mention , once youve played drums you never can really quit , someday you will go back to them .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Hi Drum chick..we don't know each other but..is it just the drumming that you find hard or drumming on a regular set up? what i mean is if rythmm is in you why not try other percussion instaments..there are alot of choices..maybe this is a calling..like hand drums, box, timbales, vibes, etc.. maybe you need to go to music store and try another types..but if you truly love drumming...explore your potential.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Hi Susan!
    You need to get in here more and quit acting like you have any kind of life outside of Drum Chat.

Glad to hear your husband's band is doing well. Hope you're doing well also.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Hi Susan!
    You need to get in here more and quit acting like you have any kind of life outside of Drum Chat.

Glad to hear your husband's band is doing well. Hope you're doing well also.
    LOL drummer I've missed you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MartyM View Post
    Hi Drum chick..we don't know each other but..is it just the drumming that you find hard or drumming on a regular set up? what i mean is if rythmm is in you why not try other percussion instaments..there are alot of choices..maybe this is a calling..like hand drums, box, timbales, vibes, etc.. maybe you need to go to music store and try another types..but if you truly love drumming...explore your potential.
    IMHO a person is either a drummer or they aren't.... It's as simple as that for me..... After a year of taking lessons I was hoping I'd be able to do more...... It's ok though, I have so many things on my plate right now, drumming will just have to take a back seat until I get the urge to play again......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    IMHO a person is either a drummer or they aren't.... It's as simple as that for me..... After a year of taking lessons I was hoping I'd be able to do more...... It's ok though, I have so many things on my plate right now, drumming will just have to take a back seat until I get the urge to play again......
    dc you've only been doing it for a year believe me i always got discoureged when i started but perfect practice makes perfect
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update, chicky.

I had been wondering whatcha been up to.

Stop worrying about the drums and just hang out.

Thanks for the vid and pictures. WTG!!!!

Weird thing for me is the vid doesn't load. Maybe it's my work firewall. I'll check it again after hours.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Thanks for the update, chicky.

I had been wondering whatcha been up to.

Stop worrying about the drums and just hang out.

Thanks for the vid and pictures. WTG!!!!

Weird thing for me is the vid doesn't load. Maybe it's my work firewall. I'll check it again after hours.
    Bish, your avatar is cracking me up!!!! Ever time I look at it I can't help but LMAO!

User Info Menu

Hey DC good to see ya here !
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Hey DC!! Do not get frustrated. Take a deep breath! I thought you were doing quite well with the lessons. Just put on some music and groove to it. It may be enough to bring back the enjoyment you long to have. I couldn't see the video........ can you repost the link?

User Info Menu

Im at home now too and cant get the video to load , but the pics are cool .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

User Info Menu

DC, I'm sorry to hear that you've hung up the sticks for now, but I know you to be a very level headed person (with the exception of maybe around Halloween ) and I know you are doing what you need to do. Just remember that life moves along, and you may find that it becomes fun again when you are just playing for yourself. I still remember the video of you playing the steel drum at your office party, and how I marvelled at your rhythm. Playing or not, though, is completely about what brings you joy.

On a separate note, I too have missed you around here. I miss your spark!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: It's Been A While.......

DC!!!!!!!

Man, it's good to "see" you again! I've missed your funny adventures, your down-to-earth attitude, and the progress you've made...

and I've missed catching up with you because I recently changed e-mails...will take care of that in a few minutes!

Hard to believe my granddaughter will be here in about a week, too! Looking forward to seeing her in person, too...I have some 3D sonograms of her that are just mind-blowing!

Now about those lessons......I agree with PB on this one! You might hang up the sticks for a while, but you'll never get drumming out of your system!

(P.S., those pictures of your hubby ROCK!!! Almost makes me want to get a tat or two myself!)

Don't stay away so long!!!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

ThePloughman Guest

You dont have to be a good drummer to be a good drummer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Bish, your avatar is cracking me up!!!! Ever time I look at it I can't help but LMAO!
    Thanks, it does me, too.

Takes away the grey skies any day.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

See if this works...... There are three videos up now

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...02&n=451783202

User Info Menu

Yep!

They worked. The band is tight! The drums sounded really good! I really liked the sound of the snare drum.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePloughman View Post
    You dont have to be a good drummer to be a good drummer.
    That is a wonderful statement.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    DC, I'm sorry to hear that you've hung up the sticks for now, but I know you to be a very level headed person (with the exception of maybe around Halloween )

On a separate note, I too have missed you around here. I miss your spark!
    I was just thinking how I hadn't seen you around, Sue. I'm sorry that you have decided to take a break, but perhaps it's for the best. I took one that lasted 8 years. Now I'm back at it.

... and PB is right...

Halloween is comming. Whatcha gonna do, lady???
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

just go play the drums and remember why you liked it in the first place, remember the reason you started, and pick it up from there. behind you 100% miss
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Wonder how DC is doing these days...........wonder if she has touched the set since posting this. Anyone hear from her?
    slot # 1

BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Wonder how DC is doing these days........ Anyone hear from her?
    She said she was leaving on a midnight train to Georgia. Haven't seen here since.

User Info Menu

Drum chick! Last time I saw you here, it was about a year ago when you told me that words that make stars weren't allowed on the forum (Boy, did I learn alot that day, and 6 months afterwards). Sad to hear you're not drumming anymore. And my (very) perverted computer (annoyingly) blocked the link you posted.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    She said she was leaving on a midnight train to Georgia. Haven't seen here since.

LOL.........you sure it wasnt The Last Train To Clarksville??
    slot # 1

BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team