Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about drum lessons

User Info Menu

Default Question about drum lessons

I have always wanted to get back into lessons because I know how much better of a drummer I could become, but I pay rent and have too many bills for a 19 year old So I can't afford to be dishing out the money for lessons, I know there are thousands of lessons online and everywhere and I have looked but apparently haven't found the right set yet.

I am a pretty quick learner and I learn best when people instruct me and give me the steps to success and since I can't do that for my teacher, I am gonna apply it in my search for one haha. If any of you guys have any videos that you highly recommend or lessons and tips that helped you out tenfold, PLEASE let me know. I am open to all styles of music but I am kind of a metal head, but I am sure 10 years from now I may not be. Anything and everything will be helpful. I have a practice pad and metronome, just don't use them enough as I should and I know it, so the basic concept I am trying to get at is I would like to develop a routine for daily practice that breaks down each part of my drumming and develops them.

Any help is appreciated!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Question about lessons

I currently subscribe to mikeslessons.com. It's twenty bucks a month, he broadcasts live lessons 36 times per month, give you access to archives of old lessons, sheet music, etc. His attitude is one of the best I've ever seen in drumming, and he's a monster (on the kit, that is). My favorite part about his service is that he's sincerely devoted to making his servi ce as good as it can be, and you can ask him anything. Hope this helps!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JOX View Post
    I know there are thousands of lessons online and everywhere and I have looked but apparently haven't found the right set yet.
    I've been teaching for over 20 years and have seen every type of student. Those that make excuses will never grow, even with a teacher or videos. You'll be throwing your money down the drain. If you want to get good at drumming, do a 180 in your head and start training for the Olympics. Learn to discipline yourself. Pull out that practice pad and start shedding. Make patterns up, it's not rocket science. Every pattern that you make up will help you. Then learn to play them "fast". Then take the plethora of free information and drum lessons online (half of it is right here at your fingertips - search the forum and the videos and the links drop-down menu at the top) and GET BUSY.

You're looking for a magic bullet. The magic bullet is in your head. YOU are the only one standing in your way.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Question about drum lessons

An excellent observation Drummer. In the end, most people end up being as successful as they choose to be, by virtue of the effort that we put into our dreams. There is a price to be paid for most dreams. What we have to decide is whether we are willing to pay that price.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I've been teaching for over 20 years and have seen every type of student. Those that make excuses will never grow, even with a teacher or videos. You'll be throwing your money down the drain. If you want to get good at drumming, do a 180 in your head and start training for the Olympics. Learn to discipline yourself. Pull out that practice pad and start shedding. Make patterns up, it's not rocket science. Every pattern that you make up will help you. Then learn to play them "fast". Then take the plethora of free information and drum lessons online (half of it is right here at your fingertips - search the forum and the videos and the links drop-down menu at the top) and GET BUSY.

You're looking for a magic bullet. The magic bullet is in your head. YOU are the only one standing in your way.
    I'm glad you decided to find something in my post to be negative about when all I asked for was input.

Of course I know there is information out there, hence why I said that. But when I click on lessons here, I see peopels names, not lessons, not what im learning or what is offered. What excuses did I make? That I am already an avid drummer who plays as much as I can and wants to get better? Yea sorry I need to completely change my whole output on life to suit you better.

Thanks to PB and the other guy who actually gave me real advice.

Drummer, I would really appreciate it if you kept your opinion to yourself from now on, but it's not my say, so just don't reply to any of my questions. Would rather have help than criticism of my work ethic.

I make excuses and will waste my money by trying to get better, and you're a teacher. Guess I will be praying for every student who has the "pleasure" of having you.

And just to add, NO I am not looking for a magic bullet as you called it. TRUST ME, I know nothing comes easy, and for you to imply that without knowing ANYTHING about me or what I have done is completely ignorant and honestly offensive. I know there is no way to magically get better over night, that is not what I am asking. Some things I have learned throughout life is that the greatest mentors are the people right in front of you, there are thousands of resources everywhere and the more questions I ask the more knowledge I gain. I seriously hope you realize how ignorant and rude your statement was and how silly it is to blindly insult someone.

(Sorry if anybody found any of this offensive - I know this is a great site with great people and I wanted to keep it as clean as possible while still getting my message across)
    Last edited by JOX; 03-01-2010 at 12:23 AM.

User Info Menu

I'm glad you decided to find something in my post to be negative about when all I asked for was input.

Of course I know there is information out there, hence why I said that. But when I click on lessons here, I see peopels names, not lessons, not what im learning or what is offered. What excuses did I make? That I am already an avid drummer who plays as much as I can and wants to get better? Yea sorry I need to completely change my whole output on life to suit you better.

Thanks to PB and the other guy who actually gave me real advice.

Drummer, I would really appreciate it if you kept your opinion to yourself from now on, but it's not my say, so just don't reply to any of my questions. Would rather have help than criticism of my work ethic.

I make excuses and will waste my money by trying to get better, and you're a teacher. Guess I will be praying for every student who has the "pleasure" of having you.

And just to add, NO I am not looking for a magic bullet as you called it. TRUST ME, I know nothing comes easy, and for you to imply that without knowing ANYTHING about me or what I have done is completely ignorant and honestly offensive. I know there is no way to magically get better over night, that is not what I am asking. Some things I have learned throughout life is that the greatest mentors are the people right in front of you, there are thousands of resources everywhere and the more questions I ask the more knowledge I gain. I seriously hope you realize how ignorant and rude your statement was and how silly it is to blindly insult someone.

(Sorry if anybody found any of this offensive - I know this is a great site with great people and I wanted to keep it as clean as possible while still getting my message across)
    JOX........youre way out in left field on this one, I think you mis-understand what drummer was trying to say.

He was not being negative towards your post.........just simply giving you constructive critism.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

I found every one of those lines rude and offensive. I am actually not out in left field on this one, it's just the way I am. I don't like it when people disrespect me or imply things that are simply not true. Maybe if you knew more about me, or let alone anything about me you would understand why I find it offensive.

User Info Menu

Jox, when you throw out a question on " what to do" then you have to respect everyones honest opinions..we do not know you, or what is in your head, thats right, but there is sooo much experience here you have to sift through and take out what is helpful. and then disregard what you may find.. well not what you were asking for, no one here that I am aware of willfully disrespects anyone else, ( or they are repremanded )I too agree that its as simple as....practice makes perfect and perfect makes permanent.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MartyM View Post
    Jox, when you throw out a question on " what to do" then you have to respect everyones honest opinions..we do not know you, or what is in your head, thats right, but there is sooo much experience here you have to sift through and take out what is helpful. and then disregard what you may find.. well not what you were asking for, no one here that I am aware of willfully disrespects anyone else, ( or they are repremanded )I too agree that its as simple as....practice makes perfect and perfect makes permanent.
    I completely agree and appreciate your input. I understand there is so much experience here, hence why I asked all of your inputs. I was just asking for tips and advice that may have helped you, and I got called lazy and told I need to not make excuses.

Really?

User Info Menu

lets get back on track. I m assuming you are finished with high school based on your age. That is a shame. The fundamentals of percussion were instilled in me starting at 7th grade and cultivated through high school for free by the band teachers (which were excellent). I was very lucky to have started this way. Can you read sheet music? I highly recommend learning but is not imperative. Rudiments are the way for hand improvement. Now you are into metal. That means you love fast tempo, time changes and double bass. A lot of different things to learn and improve which can be daunting. I am currently tracking drums for heavy rock project (similar to tool) and one way I get my head around areas I am having trouble with is I break down my weakness (i.e. 16th and 32nd double bass notes are little sloppy) and I isolate that section and practice it only. I don't worry with my hands only the bass this will take a while (days usually and sometimes a weeks . Then I start to work the rest of the kit into the section.

What we as humans have a hard time with is learning and the reason is (in my case) we do not understand the process. To learn to play drums in particular requires the use of the cerebellum ( the part of the brain at the base of the skull which allows us to walk, chew gum and talk at the same time. You have to take the data and move it from your cerebrum ( i.e. frontal and parietal lobes) to the cerebellum. Question when you were a child did you know how to walk coming out of the womb? No. When you learned to walk did it just happen and you were running everywhere? No. It took time to take the info, synthesize the data set and incorporate it into your cerebellum where you do not have to think about it. Now fast forward to playing drums. Lets, say you are trying to learn a blast. You will play it very slowly and awkwardly at first ( this is where the frontal lobes and parietal lobes of the brain are incorporating the info and synthesizing the required motion in your hands. Now, it WILL BE SLOW AND AWKWARD the first few times when you do it. You will feel like you are not progressing but you really are. Where the data then transfers to the cerebellum occurs when you are not playing after you have finished and believe it or not a lot of this occurs when you sleep. When you come back to try the blast again you will notice that it is a little easier to play and "flows" a little more naturally. People get discouraged because they don't understand why they don't get better during a lesson or while actually practicing. Drummers improve after the session when the info is being transferred to the cerebellum.

Repetition is key as well. When I was in college a buddy showed me how to learn. He said it's easy just read the chapter three times and you will make A's. He was right. I know that sounds easy but that really where the rubber meets the road. I used that mind set in medical school as well as residency. That is why everyone says practice. Don't sweat it, the main thing is don't get discouraged and IMHO understanding the process helps to keep from getting discouraged.

User Info Menu

I found every one of those lines rude and offensive. I am actually not out in left field on this one, it's just the way I am. I don't like it when people disrespect me or imply things that are simply not true. Maybe if you knew more about me, or let alone anything about me you would understand why I find it offensive.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if that is what you choose to believe thenn thats your right.

I look at his reply in a totally different way.......IMHO he was just saying what you shouldnt do and offering a cheap way of achieving what you were looking for.

In the past several years that I have been here, I have never known him to be negative.....only the opposite. But here is what I was originally going to offer up as my suggestion to your post.

If money is tight for you and drumming is truely a passion you want to follow and cant afford the lessons then I have 2 possibilities for you.

1.) Barter and trade......do you have any skills or abilities to trade a drum instructor for lessons. Woulld you be willing to wash and wax his car or cut his grass in exchange for a lesson.

2.) Are you willing to give up the cable TV or your cell phone payment each month and put that $$ towards your lessons.
    Last edited by gonefishin; 03-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nucjd View Post
    lets get back on track. I m assuming you are finished with high school based on your age. That is a shame. The fundamentals of percussion were instilled in me starting at 7th grade and cultivated through high school for free by the band teachers (which were excellent). I was very lucky to have started this way. Can you read sheet music? I highly recommend learning but is not imperative. Rudiments are the way for hand improvement. Now you are into metal. That means you love fast tempo, time changes and double bass. A lot of different things to learn and improve which can be daunting. I am currently tracking drums for heavy rock project (similar to tool) and one way I get my head around areas I am having trouble with is I break down my weakness (i.e. 16th and 32nd double bass notes are little sloppy) and I isolate that section and practice it only. I don't worry with my hands only the bass this will take a while (days usually and sometimes a weeks . Then I start to work the rest of the kit into the section.

What we as humans have a hard time with is learning and the reason is (in my case) we do not understand the process. To learn to play drums in particular requires the use of the cerebellum ( the part of the brain at the base of the skull which allows us to walk, chew gum and talk at the same time. You have to take the data and move it from your cerebrum ( i.e. frontal and parietal lobes) to the cerebellum. Question when you were a child did you know how to walk coming out of the womb? No. When you learned to walk did it just happen and you were running everywhere? No. It took time to take the info, synthesize the data set and incorporate it into your cerebellum where you do not have to think about it. Now fast forward to playing drums. Lets, say you are trying to learn a blast. You will play it very slowly and awkwardly at first ( this is where the frontal lobes and parietal lobes of the brain are incorporating the info and synthesizing the required motion in your hands. Now, it WILL BE SLOW AND AWKWARD the first few times when you do it. You will feel like you are not progressing but you really are. Where the data then transfers to the cerebellum occurs when you are not playing after you have finished and believe it or not a lot of this occurs when you sleep. When you come back to try the blast again you will notice that it is a little easier to play and "flows" a little more naturally. People get discouraged because they don't understand why they don't get better during a lesson or while actually practicing. Drummers improve after the session when the info is being transferred to the cerebellum.

Repetition is key as well. When I was in college a buddy showed me how to learn. He said it's easy just read the chapter three times and you will make A's. He was right. I know that sounds easy but that really where the rubber meets the road. I used that mind set in medical school as well as residency. That is why everyone says practice. Don't sweat it, the main thing is don't get discouraged and IMHO understanding the process helps to keep from getting discouraged.
    Thanks for the great input! I was in the school band up until 9th grade, and I can read sheet music pretty easily. I am actually not a bad drummer by any standards, actually considered very good by most of the musicians around me, I am just always looking to improve! Unfortunately I only had one band teacher who was a magnificent one, which coincidentally caused me to quit the high school band. I was in jazz band in middle school, 6th through 8th grade, and had lessons for about a year until I got in trouble and my parents took them away. I understand completely about repetition and developing the muscle memory, which is why I was asking if anybody knew of any drills or practices to focus on developing them.

TOOL is awesome by the way! And yes I am very into fast tempos, time changes, etc. I spent a good amount of time on my double bass because I am a metal head and now my feet are better than my hands, go figure right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if that is what you choose to believe thenn thats your right.

I look at his reply in a totally different way.......IMHO he was just saying what you shouldnt do and offering a cheap way of achieving what you were looking for.

In the past several years that I have been here, I have never known him to be negative.....only the opposite. But here is what I was originally going to offer up as my suggestion to your post.

If money is tight for you and drumming is truely a passion you want to follow and cant afford the lessons then I have 2 possibilities for you.

1.) Barter and trade......do you have any skills or abilities to trade a drum instructor for lessons. WQoulld you be willing to wash and wax his car or cut his grass in exchange for a lesson.

2.) Are you willing to give up the cable TV or your cell phone payment each month annd put that $$ towards your lessons.
    I dont have cable TV so that doesn't work...I also live on my own and use my cell phone as my ONLY phone. Also, my phone keeps me in contact with my professors and business staff. Honestly, I wouldn't be saying I couldn't afford it if I could, I am not the kind of person who would put something as trivial as TV over drumming. I understand the importance of priorities and money management and unfortunately I have to focus on school now and that is what takes up everything I have.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cole1paul View Post
    I currently subscribe to mikeslessons.com. It's twenty bucks a month, he broadcasts live lessons 36 times per month, give you access to archives of old lessons, sheet music, etc. His attitude is one of the best I've ever seen in drumming, and he's a monster (on the kit, that is). My favorite part about his service is that he's sincerely devoted to making his servi ce as good as it can be, and you can ask him anything. Hope this helps!
    Is this Mike Johnston? If yes, highly recommend this guy. Great down to earth attitude. I met him in person...wonderful person.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cole1paul View Post
    I am very interested in this, do you really grasp the concepts and such from an online lesson? What kind of things makes him stand out from all the other people putting out videos? Just asking so I can make a better decision. What kind of sheet music does he give? And anything else you think I may want to know!

User Info Menu

You interpreted what I said as negative? You asked for help and I gave it to you. If you went to a pro drummer and asked for help and said to him what you first said on here, he would tell you the same thing. Whether you realize it or not, your post was filled with excuses. Sometimes the best thing for us is what we don't want to hear but know to be true in our hearts. Most people won't have the courage to tell others what they need to hear. They'll sugarcoat it and water it down so much that they might as well not even have said it.

But when I click on lessons here, I see peopels names, not lessons, not what im learning or what is offered.
    That's ridiculous and transparent. You're not 3 years old, you're 19.

What excuses did I make? That I am already an avid drummer who plays as much as I can and wants to get better?
    No, that was very positive.

Yea sorry I need to completely change my whole output on life to suit you better.
    No, only to suit YOU better.

Drummer, I would really appreciate it if you kept your opinion to yourself from now on. but it's not my say, so just don't reply to any of my questions.
    Sure, no problem.

Would rather have help than criticism of my work ethic.
    Constructive criticism is help.

Many of my students play with famous people. Many of my other students have stuck with me for years. One student, when asked to give a speech in college as to the one person that was the most influential to them, picked me over his own family (most picked a family member).

And just to add, NO I am not looking for a magic bullet as you called it. TRUST ME, I know nothing comes easy, and for you to imply that without knowing ANYTHING about me or what I have done is completely ignorant and honestly offensive.
    Not ignorant... insightful. Offensive only because you chose for it to be offensive. It was not meant that way.

I know there is no way to magically get better over night, that is not what I am asking. Some things I have learned throughout life is that the greatest mentors are the people right in front of you.
    You can say that again.

I seriously hope you realize how ignorant and rude your statement was and how silly it is to blindly insult someone.
    I insulted no one. You asked for help and I gave it to you. You can either seize the advice and appreciate it for what it is or continue to bash me as ignorant and insulting.

(... I know this is a great site with great people and I wanted to keep it as clean as possible while still getting my message across)
    Thanks for that. I appreciate it more than you know.

I don't want to ruin your experience here. Obviously we're like oil and water at this point. I'll stay out of your way and let you enjoy the forum. I said what I've had to say and you've done the same. We'll have to agree to disagree. Despite what you think of me, I really do have your best interests at heart and sincerely wish you all the luck in the world as a drummer.

User Info Menu

Whoah, whoah, whoah! First things first, you realize you're dealing with the top moderator here and you don't want to mess with him (Take it from me). You're VERY lucky for him to leave you alone. Second, he wasn't trying to insult you. Constructive criticism is very helpful, and it will definately help you become better (again, take it from me). When he said Those that make excuses will never grow, even with a teacher or videos. You'll be throwing your money down the drain he was just warning you. Not that you were making excuses (as far as I could see), but just kind of a "just so you know" thing. I'm not trying to take sides, I'm just warning you that if you keep acting like this, you will very possibly banned.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

You interpreted what I said as negative? You asked for help and I gave it to you. If you went to a pro drummer and asked for help and said to him what you first said on here, he would tell you the same thing. Whether you realize it or not, your post was filled with excuses. Sometimes the best thing for us is what we don't want to hear but know to be true in our hearts. Most people won't have the courage to tell others what they need to hear. They'll sugarcoat it and water it down so much that they might as well not even have said it.

That's ridiculous and transparent. You're not 3 years old, you're 19.

No, that was very positive.

No, only to suit YOU better.

Sure, no problem.

Constructive criticism is help.

Many of my students play with famous people. Many of my other students have stuck with me for years. One student, when asked to give a speech in college as to the one person that was the most influential to them, picked me over his own family (most picked a family member).

Not ignorant... insightful. Offensive only because you chose for it to be offensive. It was not meant that way.

You can say that again.

I insulted no one. You asked for help and I gave it to you. You can either seize the advice and appreciate it for what it is or continue to bash me as ignorant and insulting.

Thanks for that. I appreciate it more than you know.

I don't want to ruin your experience here. Obviously we're like oil and water at this point. I'll stay out of your way and let you enjoy the forum. I said what I've had to say and you've done the same. We'll have to agree to disagree. Despite what you think of me, I really do have your best interests at heart and sincerely wish you all the luck in the world as a drummer.
    I don't think lowly or badly about you, just don't like to be insulted (well that I took as insults, clearly you didn't mean it that way) by someone who doesn't know anything about me or why I say what I say and think what I think. I can see how you interpreted what I wrote as excuses, just as I hope you can see how I interpreted your words as offensive. I do agree with everything you said and support you in your teachings 100% if you are as prestigious as you claim. The simple matter is, I am not making excuses, and I am not trying to baby my way to accomplish my dream. Drumming is the only thing that has been consistent in my life and it always will and forever be, nothing will ever change that. I just wanted some information from people who are probably more knowledgeable than me to point me in the right direction. And to disagree with your earlier statement, when I asked the only professional drummer I know and talk to regularly the same question, he gave me a completely different answer, was much more helpful and supportive.

I am not mad at you, I understand that what you said was your opinion, and honestly, I am the same way about saying things (in case you couldn't tell ) I am very straightforward and I say what needs to be said. I appreciate your honesty, and take back what I said earlier. Please if you have more advice, give it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    Whoah, whoah, whoah! First things first, you realize you're dealing with the top moderator here and you don't want to mess with him (Take it from me). You're VERY lucky for him to leave you alone. Second, he wasn't trying to insult you. Constructive criticism is very helpful, and it will definately help you become better (again, take it from me). When he said Those that make excuses will never grow, even with a teacher or videos. You'll be throwing your money down the drain he was just warning you. Not that you were making excuses (as far as I could see), but just kind of a "just so you know" thing. I'm not trying to take sides, I'm just warning you that if you keep acting like this, you will very possibly banned.
    This is where our complications began. He actually said earlier that my post was filled with excuses while I, like you, saw none. I believe we are on a good status as of right now and I apologized like I know I should have. I believe he didn't ban me because as much as I may have insulted him, ( I honestly did not try to, was just trying to defend myself) I tried to do it civilly and explain why I felt the way I did. I have come to learn in life that most people, despite the bad apples, will understand you if you just take the time to explain things. It's funny how something as trivial as an argument on a forum can lead to so many reflections on life and lessons learned.

+1 for everybody!

User Info Menu

Hey Jox, it's all good. Admittedly, I am abrupt sometimes. It's never personal.

User Info Menu

As a good friend of mine loves to say, (I swear it's not PHROGGE), Troof.

BTW, you really like that smiley, don't you?

It's ok. It's an awesome smiley
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    As a good friend of mine loves to say, (I swear it's not PHROGGE), Troof.

BTW, you really like that smiley, don't you?

It's ok. It's an awesome smiley
    Haha exactly! Thats why I get frustrated with forums sometimes, people don't understand how others mean things because they don't know the tone, so I use smileys so nobody gets upset

User Info Menu

just my 2 cents worth and not trying to throw gas on a fire but if I could interject

to drummer
    I have a feeling you are a very good teacher and have probably heard every excuse in the book 100 times over plus a couple lol but your intial reply to me was sounding awfully jaded.
    to jox
    I agree with you about drummers intial response.

to concrete building
    I think your response was kind of over the top. I dont think either jox or drummer said anything so bad to be threatened with a ban .

just my 2 cents and probably all it's worth lol !! but I am glad you guys got it all worked out.
    and I am going to look into mikeslessons also !!!
    cant hurt and I am broke as a joke too jox !!!
    I will probably get banned for this lol !!
    Last edited by old low&slo; 03-02-2010 at 04:13 AM.

User Info Menu

Old, you don't get banned here for speaking your mind. Only for not following the forum rules. I respect your opinion.

User Info Menu

Is this where we all do that group hug thingy???

Back to the topic.......Im thinking the best solution for JOX might be trading off some labor for lessons if he can find a teacher to make that deal with.

School must come first, money is tight, no extra activities to trade off lessons for , so the only thing left is your extra time and labor. If it were me I would trade a lesson for washing my truck or taking the dog for a run in the park for an hour, or cutting the grass/doing some yard work.

Let us know if you come up with a solution and how it works out for you.
    slot # 1

BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team