Thread: Zildjian Hihats

User Info Menu

Post Zildjian Hihats

Hey,
    I am considering getting new hi hats and there has been two sets I have eyeing for awhile. Zildjian 13" A custom with dyno z bottom and 13" new beat cymbals. I play some jazz and soft rock music. Currently play with sabian B8's (personally do not like the sound), got them used because I could not afford nicer ones until now. So I was wondering what would work best for me and in comparsion to the new beat cymbals(played on them before) what kind of sound you get from the A custom one.
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Well ive heard some good things of the K/Z high hats, Z dyno beat on the bottom, K hat on the top

But some soft rock and jazz, probably try the Zildjian K line, or the K custom line, they got a jazz sound to them, but can also be used in rock

User Info Menu

The A customs would probably be perfect.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys

User Info Menu

Well, the A customs can also be used for hip-hop country, and hard rock too, if that has any value, but check them out, the best thing for you to do is run around guitar center or your local music store, with YOUR OWN STICKS and play how you play, see if you like them

User Info Menu

In comparison to zildjian how do the AAX stage and fusion hi hats compare?