Thread: Play Alongs

User Info Menu

Default Play Alongs

So I was wondering if anybody knew of any good websites or tracks I can download that give fun play alongs to jam out too? Maybe just guitar and bass or maybe just maybe a drum track if it is simple and easy to play over. I am pretty open on the kind of music I like so all input is appreciated!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Play Alongs

Hi Jox,
    This is one of Drum Bum's sites: www.DrumPlayAlongs.com

User Info Menu

JOX, I've got some of the Turn It Up & Lay It Down CD's, and they are cool to play along with. Got 'em from Drum Bum.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Nothing against the offerings of DrumBum (definately check them out), but there is also the vic firth website - it has many drumless tracks available for download, some just random muscial styles, everything from jazz to world music to metal, and others are actual recording artist songs (masters) with the drums removed - best part is it's all free!!!!

Due to the no commercial links rule, I can't link you straight to it all, but go the the vicfirth website and hunt around.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Awesome guys! Thank you so much. God I love how helpful this site and the people here are!

User Info Menu

JOX, I do agree 100% - the people on here are awesome, friendly and helpful. And actually if you have iTunes, you can download instruments with out the drums. I found jazz/ r&b 'play along' songs. good luck dude.

User Info Menu

Tommy Igoe's "Groove Essentials" books are great. Even if you don't play what's written, the tunes are fun to jam along to.

I also managed to find some drumless Disturbed songs (don't ask me how lol, I forgot)
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Hi Jox,
    This is one of Drum Bum's sites: www.DrumPlayAlongs.com
    Thats the link I was thinking of.....iI have heard a few members on here comment on using it.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey