Thread: cymbal stand Question

User Info Menu

Default cymbal stand Question

the tilt on the top of cheaper staight cymbal stands do they sale those individually i really need to know and i will explain why and post pics when i am done with my project

User Info Menu

Default Re: cymbal stand Question

Your best bet is to either find a used stand that you can use for parts of fabricate it yourself. I know that you can get boom arms with just the top half of the stand, but not sure if anyone offers just the top pieces. Best of luck. F/T

User Info Menu

Hi Tim21,
    Depends on the stand model you are using, typically. There may be a "generic" tilter you can buy, but if you let us know the brand, it may help. For instance, Gibraltar makes "brake tilters" for the top of some of their flat cymbal stands, and likely sells just replacement tilters if you contact them or look through their hardware catalogue.
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

I would suggest to buy a used cymbal stand off of ebay that fits the bill and go with that. My guess is it would be the less expensive way to go than buying a new replacment part.