Thread: Accesories?

User Info Menu

Question Accesories?

What would be the most important add on you could put on your drumset? cow bell? wood block? special effect cymbal?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Accesories?

China, splash, and a stick bag you can strap onto your floor tom just in case you drop your sticks.

User Info Menu

Oh, thats a good idea! (the stick bag) I've got to try that...

User Info Menu

I got an Adrian Young stick bag that you can do that with but the bag is so huge it's probably bigger than my floor tom, I just leave another set of sticks on top of the bass drum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hardrockalternative View Post
    I got an Adrian Young stick bag that you can do that with but the bag is so huge it's probably bigger than my floor tom, I just leave another set of sticks on top of the bass drum.
    I have a Vic Firth stick bag and it's pretty big also but I found myself a way smaller stick bag and I love it.

User Info Menu

HRA, the decision to add sound to your kit is really an individual thing. I added chimes to my kit just because every time I went through the music store I couldn't help running the chimes just to hear the sound. I try not to go crazy with any add-on sounds, because for most, a little goes a long way. It all depends on what sounds good to you. when you go into a music store, just ask if it's OK to check out the sound of different things. I think that's what makes a good musician - hearing the possibilities for combinations of sound. Be creative, and just enjoy!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I say:
    Don't add anything. Save your money.

User Info Menu

That's probably very good advice HC!!! Looking for add-on sounds can be addicting very quickly!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

the most important add on for me the last couple months. a blower fan.

User Info Menu

Been a little hot in Kansas, has it?

User Info Menu

YES!!!! we've done alot of mid afternoon outside stuff. one day 4 hours 110 degrees.

User Info Menu

Yowza!! That's dedication to the music Funky!!

User Info Menu

i want some roto toms, i have the stick bag(should try to place it on the tom...huh?) gots the china, need a splash, but i think i want the rotos... or some octobans

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

Eh, probably some heads right now.

Want a double bass pedal (boy do I miss it) China a few splashes and a heavier ride....oh and a cowbell

User Info Menu

im lookin to add somethin else....not sure yet...already have a stick bag, and a new gibraltar drum key that comes with a clamp that holds it to your hh stand....very nice....
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

I have recently added a really nice set of tree works bar chimes that really add a nice touch in the right places. I am very careful also to not over use them. a little goes a long way with those.

User Info Menu

Definitely a cowbell.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TURTLINATOR View Post
    Definitely a cowbell.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    the most important add on for me the last couple months. a blower fan.

This is probably a better idea instead of grabbing a towel every now and then, or wearing a sweat band. I'll follow suit.

User Info Menu

Cool Rods...I had a pair for quite some time; just never used them. Now that I'm playing with a Jazz Trio, I am using them quite a bit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Cool Rods...I had a pair for quite some time; just never used them. Now that I'm playing with a Jazz Trio, I am using them quite a bit.
    My only problem with those is they are expensive and they only last a gig or two. I love the way they sound but they are not durable enough!

User Info Menu

i have 2 cowbells, a splash, a china, a red jamblock, cyclops tamb, shaker, cabassa, XYLOPHONE =), and stick bag.
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash
    Agrazian 10 inch Splash

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    HRA, the decision to add sound to your kit is really an individual thing. I added chimes to my kit just because every time I went through the music store I couldn't help running the chimes just to hear the sound. I try not to go crazy with any add-on sounds, because for most, a little goes a long way. It all depends on what sounds good to you. when you go into a music store, just ask if it's OK to check out the sound of different things. I think that's what makes a good musician - hearing the possibilities for combinations of sound. Be creative, and just enjoy!
    I agree with PB.....its definately a personal thing depending on what youre playing and what seems to be on your priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    I have those sticks also and dont use them for every song........like anything else, they have their proper space and time to use them.

I have a couple splash cymbals that for me are the most important.....they are great acsent pcs and compliment other cymbals nicely when played together.

I also have a couple jam blocks, tambourine, and cowbell all mounted to the set. I have a set of bongos on a stand that I add in once in a while also and a drum synthesizer ( for wind, waves, chimes etc.)
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Default Re: Accessories?

Agree with the posts. Also, if you are doing covers, is there something that is critical to a key song (Dave Matthews Band - Crash Into Me, comes to mind)? If not, or doing originals or just plain practicing, what would you use the most without becoming predictable? I like a splash or two, perhaps a China. For add-on percussion, have a soft spot for cowbells. PB noted chimes, and I really loved the Treeworks chimes I heard.

Right now, have a Roland SPD-S as I use a number of loops in work that I do. It also has chimes sampled, but can't beat the sound of acoustic chimes.
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)