Thread: Electronic Drum Question

User Info Menu

Default Electronic Drum Question

Hey all,
    I have a bass amplifier for sale and someone emailed me and asked me if it would work with an electronic drum set. Unfortuntately I don't know the answer to that. If it does, I don't want to lose this sale. Can someone that knows for sure weigh in here and give me some direction? Thanks.

Jack

User Info Menu

Default Re: Electronic Drum Question

Typically, you'll want more high frequency response, more that is, than the typical bass amp can muster, from any amp that you use for electronic drums. While it may work to put electronic drums through a bass amp, the typical response is pretty muddy.
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

iv played a ekit through a ampeg 6 x 10" sounded killer

iv dj'd drum and bass through a 4x12" and horn ..and wow fattness

it really depends, like tadman said on the amp and the speakers..if it's tweekabe then anything is possible but a 50watt amp will die in a matter of moments

User Info Menu

Yep, (following on what itchie said)---focus on what mid and high frequency capabilities your bass amp has. Better in that area, equals better for e-drum amplification.
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)