Thread: Mapex horizin fastback set

sostoobad Guest

Default Mapex horizin fastback set

Here are my thoughts on this little play ou kit from mapex, I just picked one up the other day and have been playing it.....like non stop.

it is made of birch/basswood and is black in color, what you get... 8x6,10x7,12x12, 12x20 kick, also comes with hardware, hi hat stand, center cymbal mount, kick pedal, and 13x5 snare with snare stand...and a boom cymbal stand....all for 539.00....so how does it play and sound?

I have got to tell you, I am blown away, I was expecting well, not too much, it plays great, sounds bigger and fuller than it has a right to,just add cymbals.

I currently own ten, yes ten drum sets, and have owned alot more, including,many vintage kits, i like all my drums, but these just kill me, mostly because of the sound for dollar.

This is my first mapex kit, and if they can do that at this price, I can just imagine that their bigger and higher end gear must be quite good, anyway, to me a no brainer here. WoW

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex horizin fastback set

Welcome to Drum Chat sostoobad!

The lessons that I take are currently on a new Mapex Horizon kit, and for a more entry level kit, it really isn't too bad.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Any Pics Available Sostoobad?

User Info Menu

Awesome, man! Glad to hear they're working out so great for you.
    Matt

sostoobad Guest

Hi,sorry no pics, just a nifty set, great for playing out and for the short money that they are, to me a no brainer, thanks.

User Info Menu

Sounds hot! I'm a Mapex fan. Wish that kit was my first kit back in the day instead of CB700!

User Info Menu

hmmm... interesting, but no pics...

User Info Menu

The 09 Meridian Birch is under $400 at a certain well known on line store. Unreal...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    The 09 Meridian Birch is under $400 at a certain well known on line store. Unreal...
    I saw that! I am tempted..as I just had to unload my Yamahas!