Thread: Where To Find A Pearl 15" Floor Tom

User Info Menu

Default Where To Find A Pearl 15" Floor Tom

Just recently, I started playing a 6 pc. electric Yamaha at practice, and I'm really diggin' the 15" floor tom. I have a Pearl 5pc. Forum Series at the moment, and I'd like to throw a 15" floor tom in with my 16". Anyone know where to score a Pearl Forum 15" floor tom, if at all? I know this kit is supposed to be on the low end of Pearl.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Where To Find A Pearl 15" Floor Tom

Pearl doesn't make 15" floor toms for the Forum. I don't even think they make them for the Masters.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by willdrum4food View Post
    Just recently, I started playing a 6 pc. electric Yamaha at practice, and I'm really diggin' the 15" floor tom. I have a Pearl 5pc. Forum Series at the moment, and I'd like to throw a 15" floor tom in with my 16". Anyone know where to score a Pearl Forum 15" floor tom, if at all? I know this kit is supposed to be on the low end of Pearl.
    Pearl made the MLX series back in the '90s and it was the forerunner to the top of the line Masters series of today.

The only way you'll be able to find a 15" floor tom from Pearl is to find a used MLX series floor tom. The Forum series just has the standard factory issued tom sizes.

Here are a few pics so you can see the MLX series badging for yourself.
    Good hunting!

User Info Menu

Thanks for you help guys. I didn't really expect to get any good results out of asking this question, just trying to avoid mix-matching my kit if possible (Pearl Hardware, Tama Kick, Ludwig Toms, you get the idea.) I guess the same is true about shells as it is for cymbals. Don't buy the name, buy the sound. However, I will look into that Pearl 15" Tom and give it a test drive if I can find one.

User Info Menu

would u be ok with a 14"?