Thread: Make Wave Drum into perfect studio snare.

User Info Menu

Question Make Wave Drum into perfect studio snare.

I recently obtained a WaveDrum, and love the thing. All of the voices are wonderful. Even leads are now possible.

However, I am having difficulty getting a true snare sound, one more like would be expected in the studio. Seems awfully simple to ask of the WaveDrum.

Their basic 3 or 4 snares are ringing and great for noisy marching bands. They are nothing like I want. I went into the programming, tuned it low, took out reverb, took out delay, and did some other timing changes. It still has a kettle sound below the snare. It does not seem to be able to do a solid thunk, tight famous type snare. Yet, I know that it must be able to, with all the programming. I must be missing the combo.

So, I ask another WaveDrum owner what they might doing right to get it into their kit - studio or live... How did you get the best snare???

ADDENDUM: perhaps I am wrong to even start with a snare? Did another user start with another sound and modify it into a more realistic snare?
    Last edited by electriceccentric; 03-23-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: additional information

User Info Menu

Default Re: Make Wave Drum into perfect studio snare.

Welcome to Drum Chat electriceccentric!

You are way out of my league with you question, since I just play acoustic, so I'll leave this for others to comment.

Again, welcome!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

By now, there must be a wave drum owner who thinks that they have mastered a reprogramming that sounds extra great to them. Share it.

BTW, I have seen some ridiculous comments on the net. For one thing, it is a drum first. My head was immediately changed to a top of the line center reinforced Evans, with muffled edging. Of course, many complaints that I have heard here, were immediately gone. I have the Remo dot as backup. Neither sound like the skin supplied. But that is the rule for all drums. Be prepared to get a good head and retune, JUST LIKE USUAL.

Another thing, never ever complain about the loudness of a device that has a volume control.

And, last, we are back to someone sharp enough to have found a combo formula beyond what Korg only started with ???

User Info Menu

I just bought a WD the other day and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. It'll be a cpl of days before I get into editing I s'pose but I'll let you know when/if i manage to get it to sound like the "perfect snare".

Lemme ask you though... what are you using to amp the signal? Cuz I was seriously thinking about getting different external effects for mine. I dunno what though -I'm still a real novice when it comes to electronic equipment...