Thread: Wow....

User Info Menu

Default Wow....

Ok, so i decided to check out cymbals today, i had my eye on a sabian AA performance pack, 450$ so i go and check today, its now 620$ U.S

Did sabians prices raise or something? Cuz thats a huge jump, being 50 dollars less then its zildjian counter part, then going 20 dollars over

User Info Menu

Could just be your music store. Did you check the price on the internet before you went in there? Because most of the time companies on the internet give you prices much better than retail.

Or maybe your music store is being greedy.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Yea, i checked guitar center, same thing, checked musicians friend, same thing, i dunno why they just raised so much

But hey, im looking around ebay and found another AA set, 410$ (14 hats, 17,19 crashes, 21 ride) its discontinued, but i hope their still auctioning when i get ma cash,

cuz im not gonna pay 620$ for some AA's when i can get AAX with 16,18 AAXplosion crashes plus 20 ride and 14 hats for 500$ if the ebay set isnt around

User Info Menu

Exclamation Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58
    Could just be your music store. Did you check the price on the internet before you went in there? Because most of the time companies on the internet give you prices much better than retail.

Or maybe your music store is being greedy.

HB58
    Beware...some companies set up "mirror" websites at the stores that purportedly show the 'Net prices, but they are actually the retail prices...if you find that's the case in the U. S., you should contact the Better Business Bureau (in other countries, there should be some sort of consumer protection group that does the same thing...)
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Well, i this is the site i checked

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/pro...ull_sku=440137

along with musicians friend

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Bag?sku=440137

Im confused, how does a pack of cymbals in like 1 week, jump up over 100$

User Info Menu

Also, i just had to post this, looky what i found looking at reviews for the AA's

I found a noob, he was reviewing "sabian HH" thats it, and here is his review

History:

Purchase: I bought this cymbal in drum shop and paid about 30 dollars for it

What I Like About The Sabian HH: there was nothing at all good with this cymbal except that it made a good paper weight. It wasn't even good for that

What I Do NOT Like About The Sabian HH: Where to start. It broke in about ten minutes there were all these scrathes on it when i bought it. the sabian thing was rubbed off so it was junkie

HH Quality: the worst possible quality. I would rather hit wood than hit these trash cans

HH Summary: these cymbals are by far the worst cymbals i have ever seen save your money and get some good ole zildjian zbt's

Rating of this Sabian product: 1

This Sabian Drums Percussion Review Submitted By: wierddude

I bold'd the extremely funny parts

(PS, HH means hand hammered cymbals, meaning the best possible quality)

User Info Menu

Hmm

That is incredibly weird.

LOL

Good ol Zildjian ZBT's. Are you kidding me.

I can't understand why you would write something like that. And how could he possibly break the cymbal? And how did he only pay 30 bux for it?

WEIRD
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Because, hes a complete idiot

He dosnt specify his cymbal, ect, he probably thinks zildjians the stuff because he got his little 10 in ZBT splash, or something, so hes gonna jump in on the fued and try and root for zildjian

At least what i think