Thread: rules

User Info Menu

Default rules

Is it against this forums rules to mention a certain drum store that you like;yes? no?

User Info Menu

Default Re: rules

Thanks for asking FF. It has been asked by the administration that members not promote specific retailers. At one time members were not linking to the retail sites, but they were mentioning specific deals available through specific retailers. That pretty much defeated the whole idea of not linking to retailers.

The idea is that this site was developed to be a discussion site for drummers to exchange drumming tips, encourage one another, and to simply connect with others with a similar passion for drumming. For this reason, it would be preferred to keep references to retailers out of our discussions, since this could bring about an influx of people wanting to be here just to send traffic to specifc retailers. It would end up changing the whole feel of this site.

Again, FF, I appreciate you asking for clarification on this.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Spam/Advertising:
    DrumChat.com has a ZERO TOLERANCE spam policy. Spamming is the posting of topics or spam-like threads that relate to advertising or recruitment. This includes attempting to push traffic to your website by repeatedly linking to it through posts or signatures. If a user spams, they will be removed from the forums. *You may NOT advertise your business in any form or fashion; this includes independent vintage drum dealers and those wishing to drive traffic to their website for affiliate click-through profit. Also, advertisements through PMs, Signatures, and Avatars are NOT allowed. It is considered spam, similar to e-mail spam.

This is a great anti-spam policy, but do the Mods really censor private messages? I would think that a PM with a link to a store or ad would be the appropriate response to a specific question. Even if it came from a retailler or eBay seller. I've never been spammed in a PM on any forum on any subject.
    Last edited by Jibaro; 03-25-2010 at 12:55 PM.

User Info Menu

I suggested a certain store so that interested parties could save a couple of hundred bucks per drum. For two days following that post I could not register or participate on this forum. I don't know if I incured a penalty or my problems were mere coincidence.This is a good site and I'll abide to rules if need be.

User Info Menu

FF, there may have been some glitch, but I doubt that you were denied access to the site for suggesting a certain store to someone, because I never heard about it. If a rules infraction is seen, usually a moderator will give a gentle reminder about the Forum Rules. Sometimes, I even see other members giving that reminder just because everyone becomes aware of the rules. It is only after someone has been reminded about the rules, and then continues to do what they were doing that an official warning will be issued, and that usually comes from Drummer, who is the top moderator. If that didn't happen, then you are just fine.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Leedy2, I can appreciate what you are saying, and I also know that what you are saying has been considered by the administrators of this site. Drum Bum indeed helps pay the costs associated with this site, and they ask for very little in return, so we tend to be loyal to them simply out of respect, and buy from them when we can. Another issue is that there are many sites that allow buying and selling, and there are problems that go along with that activity, so the administration has simply decided not to deal with those headaches - others can, but Drum Chat won't. This site was created with the idea to be a place where drummers - all types - could come and chat, in a place of mutual respect. There is no flaming here, and language is family friendly so that even our youngest drummers can feel welcome.

Is it perfect for everyone? Maybe not, but Drum Chat is a special place for those who want what this site has to offer. Anyone is welcome to offer suggestions for improving the site, but keep in mind that the administration makes the final decisions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by leedy2 View Post
    Jibaro have you read what I posted please read again
    Of course - when you said that links in PMs were forbidden I couldn't believe it so I checked the rules and found that you were (sort of) right (if a link could be considered advertising). I posted the rule... I was agreeing with you... sorry if it looked otherwise.

But I don't think that's the intent of the anti-spam rule and I think the mods would agree that a PM with a link or name would be fine IF it's in response to a specific question.
    Last edited by Jibaro; 03-25-2010 at 04:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Thanks for asking FF. It has been asked by the administration that members not promote specific retailers. At one time members were not linking to the retail sites, but they were mentioning specific deals available through specific retailers. That pretty much defeated the whole idea of not linking to retailers.

The idea is that this site was developed to be a discussion site for drummers to exchange drumming tips, encourage one another, and to simply connect with others with a similar passion for drumming. For this reason, it would be preferred to keep references to retailers out of our discussions, since this could bring about an influx of people wanting to be here just to send traffic to specifc retailers. It would end up changing the whole feel of this site.
    Very well stated and I couldn't have said it better.

User Info Menu

Know if retailers want to post ads they should pay for there advertisement to website a must no questions asked. And that should not be put in forum it should have a page of its own.
    This site is not to be used for retail purposes. Please reference the Forum Rules.

Here is my idea any member that wishes to sell there drum's or anything drum related pays a fee to web site and it get posted on a special page not on forum pages. they are responsible for their sale's shipping and collecting there money no responsibility of web site.
    Again, the Forum Rules are clear on this and Pastor Bob explained it eloquently already.

So Pastor Bob I know they have rule and this there web site and they want to maintain in a certain way but how can you keep people in the the blind that want to learn and want good instruments? I see many with Matador, CP Gon bops how do they get better quality instruments if we can't post numbers names of place that they can buy?
    If you're here to sell, you're in the wrong forum.

This is not to disrespect any one but a topic that if can't tell you were to go or call what are you going to do to get what you are look for?
    The entire internet is at each of our fingertips. Simply Google it. Drum Chat is not to be used for retail selling.

User Info Menu

Pastor Bob
    I understand your rules but let's create a monster web site
    'Drum Bum indeed helps pay the costs'' let some one else pay for the name of game make money
    This already is a monster website in my opinion. I like it just the way it is. I think if you wish to change DrumChat into a way for you to make money, you need to take that up with them. Their e-mail is mail@drumbum.com

One other issue that concerns me as I read through a rule links on no posting in pm messages ok and understud. But when a message is marked private are moderator reading these messages that are mark and supposed to be Private? If so read this

Privacy law is the area of law concerned with the protection and preservation of the privacy rights of individuals. Increasingly, governments and other public as well as private organizations collect vast amounts of personal information about individuals for a variety of purposes. The law of privacy regulates the type of information which may be collected and how this information may be used.
    The scope of applicability of privacy laws is called expectation of privacy.
    I don't want to be a snob but law is the law
    You seem intent on stirring things up. My gut feeling is that you're more interested in selling here than simply sharing drum information. If that's the case, you won't last very long. Members often report this to me or admin when it happens as they care about the integrity of the forum. A long time member (SticksWizzardDragon) was just banned from here because he was spamming through emails and PM.

This thread is closed. Feel free to discuss it with me or Pastor Bob through PM. Or you can email Drum Bum direct if you wish.