Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dw Drums

User Info Menu

Default Dw Drums

This thread is for all you guys who own DW kits (like me) or who use DW hardware , pedals, etc... later
    GOD + Me= Awsome Drummer!

User Info Menu

BTG....

Where are ya bud??.....
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

just pedals for me, but i think they make beautiful drums.

User Info Menu

I only just got my new kit a few months ago, and I'm already drooling over dw kits as my next kit.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Here I am!!!!! OK, Metal, let's see that kit, dude!!
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

By the way, I use DW drums, pedals, and hardware, the entire gamut, lol

User Info Menu

I have the DW 6000 Pedal Series for my Bass drum...
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

After i get decent on a drumset i want to play on a dw set... even when i was younger i always heard the hype about DW i totally want to test it out see if it lives up to all the noise.

User Info Menu

Eh, DW is REALLY expencive, I mean, one day if my engineering career works out, then maybe ill go for a DW, but for now, im looking at PDP hardware, IRON COBRA pedals and gretsch drum's

DW's just a bit to expencive for me, amazing i bet, but to much for me

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigTallG
    Here I am!!!!! OK, Metal, let's see that kit, dude!!
    i've been trying to upload my kit to the computer but its not letting me , its a really cheap computer. I'll keep trying though, anyway its an all ebony 9 piece Satin Oil Collectors kit with black hardware, all DW hardware, 9000 and 7000 sereis pedals, 9000 main hi-hat stand, 5000 remote high-hat to my right,DW rack system. Along with this is my first kit, i use it as my practice kit now, a PDP EZ jet black kit. This has the 7000 series pedals and the cheaper DW stands along with one or more YAMAHA and SONOR stands.I pretty much use every thing they have to offer. The PDP kit is the one i test heads,stands, and pedals on. Don't want any faulty machinery on the DW kit. so i try to get pics of both as soon as i can.
    Last edited by Metal forever; 04-02-2007 at 11:28 PM.

User Info Menu

i have remo heads on both right now, i'm going to experiment with evans or stick with remo. What kind is yours BIGTALLG?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz
    Eh, DW is REALLY expencive, I mean, one day if my engineering career works out, then maybe ill go for a DW, but for now, im looking at PDP hardware, IRON COBRA pedals and gretsch drum's

they are pretty expensive, but i saved for quiet awhile before i got it. i have had it for three yrs now. think about getting sabian cymbals, its what i've got

User Info Menu

I bought my kit in 1994, before there was a "Collector's Series" (which is what mine would be considered today), and before they started making Pacific. At the time, it was pretty cut and dried...a DW kit was a DW kit, period. I have Remo Pinstripes on them right now (I was in a Metallica tribute band for 5 years, and I put those on for the "punishment" factor), but I will soon be going back to the single-ply Ambassadors. The kit just plain sounds better with single-ply heads. I have all DW hardware, and the 5002 Delta II double kick pedal.....mine are Candy Apple Red Laquer.

Last edited by BigTallG; 03-22-2007 at 04:12 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm tossing around the idea of replacing all the drum hardware with the 24k gold.....gonna cost me around 1200, 1300 bucks, but hey, the kit is in brand-new condition, so I think I may do that pretty soon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz

friggen eh man. gretsch produces alot of great instruments, but im definately thinking of upgrading to a lower price, higher quality set soon... most likely dw or pearl im thinkin
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Nice kit dude. what drum sizes and cymbals are you using?

User Info Menu

so btg, is that a keller shell dw? or had they started making thier own by 94?

User Info Menu

Metal...thanks! I use the standard sized toms....9x10, 10x12, 12x14, 14x16, 16x22 kick, 5x14 maple snare, with a set of Zildjians....A Custom 16", 17", and 18" crashes, A Custom 10" splash, 14" A custom Projection hi-hats, 14" A New Beat hi-hats (remote, as a secondary fixed hat), A Custom 22" Ping Ride, and a Z Custom 20" china. Those pics don't show the splash or the secondary hat, as I was in a Metallica tribute band at the time and wasn't using them, but I use them now.

Mr. Funkster......DW started making their own shells in '97 (which is why I want a brand-new kit again, lol)....BUT..the boys at DW have always been very strict about their tolerances and quality levels, even when they were paying someone else to make the shells. The quality is there, the bearing edges are precise, and they are timbre-matched.

User Info Menu

i'm still trying to upload my kit guys, just wait a little longer

User Info Menu

yea BTG find Xibit and make him pimp your kit with the 24k gold lol. Great lookin kit though man, i think the gold would look good on that color red/finish.

Did i mention that i've read many books on stealthing and ninja skills.. you better lock up that kit i might have to run a black-ops mission on em some time

User Info Menu

whats the point of a gold DW pedal? does the gold shinyness increase your drumming capability?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

No, it just looks damn cool. Not to mention it makes your kit somewhat of a rarity. I mean, how many people do you know with blingy gold hardware? I don't know any personally.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

32....not a gold pedal, rather, gold hardware on the drums....the lugs, tension rods, hoops, kick drum spurs, etc.....like this....

User Info Menu

Wow those sets look soooooooooo amazing, especially with the gold
    Last edited by Eons; 03-26-2007 at 05:26 PM.

User Info Menu

aint nothin' wrong with the older keller dee dubs. keller has always made great shells and supply pretty much every custom company out there.