Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pearl Forum or Tama Imperialstar drumset?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl Forum or Tama Imperialstar drumset?

Gee, thanks for the info. on MF/GC promos. That is good to know. I think the code is active now, FILE There were advertising "Taxman" but only a 10% discount.
    I will be back toward the end of next week with the pictures once I get the set and get it setup temporary, I have to clean out/make room in a bedroom for it, BUT I WILL DO IT.
    Keep on Drumming guys,
    Kenny

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DLDante View Post
    Another bit of advice for those of you that like to shop at brick & mortar stores: MF is owned by GC. If you print out the MF coupon they'll honor it at GC, so you can get 15% off in the store. Depending on the salesman they'll sometimes have to go fetch the manager but if you let them know you're up on the fact that they're the same company and you're just going to go home and order it anyway, they always honor it. I've done this at three different GC stores.
    Actually if you dig around, GC will pricematch MF. A little bit back GC was selling the Dixon Demon kit for $700, MF had it for $450. I showed them the page at my local GC and they pricematched it down to $405. Didn't end up buying it, but hey.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
    Actually if you dig around, GC will pricematch MF. A little bit back GC was selling the Dixon Demon kit for $700, MF had it for $450. I showed them the page at my local GC and they pricematched it down to $405. Didn't end up buying it, but hey.
    All the stores will price match each other. Even SA will price match MF or GC as long as you can print out the page with the lower price and bring it in. What they won't do, though, is accept each other's coupons (like a 15% off). I've had luck with GC, though. At first they'll sometimes say, "sorry, we don't accept competitor coupons" but then I'll tell them that I know they are the same company and I am just going to order it at home or I can buy it right here, right now. After that they always honor it for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kourso View Post
    Gee, thanks for the info. on MF/GC promos. That is good to know. I think the code is active now, FILE There were advertising "Taxman" but only a 10% discount.
    I will be back toward the end of next week with the pictures once I get the set and get it setup temporary, I have to clean out/make room in a bedroom for it, BUT I WILL DO IT.
    Keep on Drumming guys,
    Kenny
    Sign up for their e-mails. I've noticed that they'll sometimes e-mail out the 15% promo codes but only post a 10% promo code on their homepage. If you don't wanna do the e-mails then keep an eye on the page on Wednesdays/Thursdays. I've noticed that if they do post the 15% off code they'll only do it on like Wed/Thu and then switch over to the 10% code for the rest of the weekend (but the 15% code will still work the whole time).

Whenever MF has a 10% code advertised, there's a 15% code hiding somewhere. Always. They also do the sale whenever there's any type of reason. So you'll see it for father's day, mother's day, end of the school year, fourth of July, even when it's time to change the clocks. Their current code is to celebrate the end of tax season! LOL! So whenever you want a big ticket item just wait a few weeks and they'll have a discount for you.

User Info Menu

All the stores will price match each other. Even SA will price match MF or GC as long as you can print out the page with the lower price and bring it in. What they won't do, though, is accept each other's coupons (like a 15% off). I've had luck with GC, though. At first they'll sometimes say, "sorry, we don't accept competitor coupons" but then I'll tell them that I know they are the same company and I am just going to order it at home or I can buy it right here, right now. After that they always honor it for me.
    Right, but the interesting thing is that GC will price match MF, despite them being effectively the same company. That's what I was gettin' at.

User Info Menu

Good info. guys !!

User Info Menu

Here is a picture of the Mapex Meridian Birch Drumset, the same set that I bought!

User Info Menu

im not going to go too deep here. i overally prefer tama over pearl, but i have to say i think that the pearl forum is better than the imperialstar. ive had a lot of experience with both sets, as i get lessons on an imperialstar and one of my friends has a forum. the pearl cymbals are HORRIBLE. the imperialstar kit i played did not have meinl cymbals, my teacher had put cheap ashton ones on. so i cant help there. anyway from what ive gathered, you bought a mapex or something, but maybe someone else can use this.
    Last edited by almostmatt1; 04-15-2010 at 05:35 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by almostmatt1 View Post
    but i have to say i think that the pearl forum is better than the imperialstar.
    Just the way the toms are mounted onto the bass drum makes me disagree with this statement.

User Info Menu

Just the way the toms are mounted onto the bass drum makes me disagree with this statement.
    The Tama tom mounts are way better IMO. Try taking the tom off of a fully setup pearl kit to tune it, and then try it on a Tama

Thats one thing I dislike about my vision.
    Pearl Vision VX - Red Wine w/ Black Hardware
    Kick: 22x18 - Stock Skins
    Toms: 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 16x16 - Stock Skins
    Snare: 14x5.5 SensiTone - Stock Skins

Cymbals:
    Paiste PST5 14" Medium Hats
    Paiste PST5 16" Medium Crash
    Paiste PST5 20" Medium Ride

Hardware:
    DW5000 HiHat Stand
    PDP E400 Bass Pedal
    PDP 700 Boom Stand
    Random no-name Single Brace Cymbal Stand
    Pearl Heavy Duty Snare Stand

User Info Menu

I would suggest the pearl forum because I always have loved and used pearl sets and hardware. My friend had the tama and he almost immediately sold it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by adamgdog View Post
    I would suggest the pearl forum because I always have loved and used pearl sets and hardware. My friend had the tama and he almost immediately sold it.
    Don't know if you saw, but the last post in this thread was almost 5 years ago.

Welcome to DC!

User Info Menu

Thanks